Author Topic: Question For The Pizza Nuts Out There  (Read 1354 times)

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
Question For The Pizza Nuts Out There
« on: January 11, 2010, 09:48:02 am »
Is there any really good pizza around the Garden?  I\'m not looking to go more than a couple blocks.  Thanks...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 11:00:15 am »
MSG?  Sorry not too familiar with that area.  I will say you have a high probability of finding some good pizza though!

One week until I can taste delicious freedom, and NJ za.  woot!
♥♫∞

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:03:20 am »
Quote from: cannontrip;250533
MSG?  Sorry not too familiar with that area.  I will say you have a high probability of finding some good pizza though!

One week until I can taste delicious freedom, and NJ za.  woot!

I know there\'s a John\'s Pizza in Time Square, but not going to hoof it there w/ these temps... Where specifically do you go for NJ pizza?
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 11:11:38 am »
Princeton area - Conte\'s (my favorite of all)
Flemington - Virami\'s (next to Liberty Village)

and many other places in central jersey, but those two are my favorites!

Burlington, VT has good eclectic pizza, but no good standard za\'s.  i.e., American Flatbread wood-fired pizza\'s (never tried the frozen version though).
♥♫∞

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 11:14:22 am »
Quote from: cannontrip;250536
Princeton area - Conte\'s (my favorite of all)
Flemington - Virami\'s (next to Liberty Village)

and many other places in central jersey, but those two are my favorites!

Burlington, VT has good eclectic pizza, but no good standard za\'s.  i.e., American Flatbread wood-fired pizza\'s (never tried the frozen version though).

If you\'re in that general area, cut across to the shore side of the state and go to Pete & Elda\'s in Neptune on 35... It\'s some of the best thin crust I\'ve ever had...  If I\'m going to princeton, I\'m going to triumph and then to the pancake place next door...

GLuft3

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 06:10:32 pm »
Since this thread has already diverged, I\'ll ask my question, too.  I\'m going to John & Marie\'s next week.

Do they have a specialty pie that I should order, like BAR\'s potato & bacon or Sally\'s plain tomato with garlic?
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 08:09:00 pm »
Quote from: GLuft3;250595
Since this thread has already diverged, I\'ll ask my question, too.  I\'m going to John & Marie\'s next week.

Do they have a specialty pie that I should order, like BAR\'s potato & bacon or Sally\'s plain tomato with garlic?

If you\'re talking about John and Maria\'s in \'Staven, you\'re a little late for the Native Tomato Pie, but the regular pie with extra eggplant is really good...

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 08:16:01 pm »
Based on the distant memory of D.Peck\'s summer 2004 party, I recall J+M\'s eggplant parmesan as possibly the best I\'ve had.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

dannybiscuits

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 01:22:00 am »
What yous guys should dous is get in a plane come to Chicaago and get yourselves some real pizzas.
I scratch my mind I think about life and stuff sometimes but shits ruff!

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 09:06:04 am »
aw, I always feel bad for the poor lost souls in the midwest who think what they have is good, let alone "real" pizza.

It\'s ok, you just don\'t know any better. ;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 10:29:51 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;250634
aw, I always feel bad for the poor lost souls in the midwest who think what they have is good, let alone "real" pizza.

i dunno...i was skeptical too before i ever tried some of their deep dish. it\'s like the yin to new haven\'s yang
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 10:32:14 am »
If I\'m ever backed up and need to help move the old bowels, I\'ll try the deep dish pizza; all that oil will do the trick...

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 10:42:58 am »
Quote from: FrankZappa;250634

i dunno man, i\'ve had some ser \'zas in chitown.  it ain\'t like goin to your local pizzaria uno.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 02:19:43 pm »
Quote from: dannybiscuits;250616
What yous guys should dous is get in a plane come to Chicaago and get yourselves some real pizzas.

Deep-dish...yeah...the concoction made when someone in Chicago forgot to put the lasagna noodles into their lasagna, so they called it "deep-dish pizza".  And if "deep-dish pizza" weren\'t already a bastardized concept from the start, it\'s now just an overpriced tourist ploy.  "Oh my god I\'m in Chicago, I just have to get deep-dish pizza!  $28.95 for a large one-topping pie?  Sure why not, it must be amazing!"  You\'re out of your element Chicago.  Deep-dish pizza is like the Cubs: always entertaining, occasionally shows flashes of quality, but ultimately is tragically flawed.