Author Topic: The LOST Season 5 Thread  (Read 27174 times)

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
LOST Season 5 News & Discussion
« Reply #90 on: February 19, 2009, 07:37:25 pm »
i\'ve heard rumors that the "adam and eve" skeletons are aaron and ji yeon.
Postcount +1.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2009, 01:38:03 pm »
title of tonight\'s episode:

[spoiler]The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham[/spoiler]

:goosebumps:

tonight\'s ep runs 66 minutes.

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2009, 01:59:56 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;220276
i\'ve heard rumors that the "adam and eve" skeletons are aaron and ji yeon.

Wow...Jim, c\'mon?  At least give us a spoiler warning like DavePeck
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2009, 02:26:47 pm »
I can\'t wait, this episode looks really good from the promo
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2009, 03:44:57 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;217825
this has nothing to do with tomorrow\'s episode, but i think all will enjoy

Holy underwear ad hottie!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2009, 02:22:31 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;220974
title of tonight\'s episode:

[spoiler]The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham[/spoiler]

:goosebumps:

tonight\'s ep runs 66 minutes.

wow! what an episode! and what a season!

locke episodes never fail to impress....

so....    what does everyone think of whidmore? im quite sure he is evil. he\'s playing the innocent card with locke....and for the first time ever in the series, they didnt make him out to be a cold, heartless, rich monster.... but still i just dont trust him.... and the fact that matthew abbadon is his pal, well... skettttchy!

ben killing locke = fantastic. did NOT see that one coming at all. what a weasel, that linus.... he squeezed as much information as he could from locke, then finished him..... just enough to coax people back to the island. dirty, awful man.

so whats the deal with ceaser and ilana from the new plane? in the opening scene, it looks like faraday\'s notes he\'s shuffling through ( the paper he was looking at had all intersecting lines that read "space-time", "imaginary time", "real time" and "imaginary space", with big circles labeled "events" interlocking the lines.... whats that supposed to mean?? )  and who put ceaser in charge???

so mannnny many questions.....
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2009, 03:44:38 pm »
i\'m convinced ben is bad. he shot locke once on the island and killed him off the island, and i like locke. i don\'t think he was necessarily trying to coax info from him. he seemed to have turned once he mentioned eloise\'s name. maybe so maybe not.  maybe ben\'s just jealous.

can\'t whidmore be a bad guy too. i mean who said there\'s even a good side. couln\'t the war just be the bad guys with five toes vs. the bad guys with four toes. i\'m guessing it\'s not as black and white as we\'d hope.  

the one burning question i have is whether or not the O6 (O3?) landed in the same time as the rest of flight 316. are they all in the 70s? 2007? what year is it again?  and if so, did lapidas run off with sun? i hope so, because it sure would suck if she died in the crash...unlikely i think...but the irony would be strong.

kind of surprised to see abbadon die. thought there\'d be a little more there. i don\'t remember him telling locke anything about a walkabout...then again i watched the first 3 seasons in about 3 months, so i\'m sure a few things didn\'t get digested.

i hope walt isn\'t done with the island. not because i especially like him, but he seemed too special to just drop out of the story.  

i\'m predicting the next episode will be a little slower after the last couple weeks. based on the title of the episode (you can check it on lostpedia) it already sounds kind of gay (aka lovey dovey)...not that there\'s anything wrong with that
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2009, 07:36:03 pm »
I hope Penny\'s not dead...Next week looks awesome. I think Whitmore has more unknowns that indicate he may be "better" or less corrupt than Ben.

I think Richard represents the \'good\' or perhaps the ultimate balance within time and space. What then, does Richard have to show for his involvement in Whitmore\'s youth, and his later allegiance to leader Ben? Why did Richard help Ben kill Dharmas, and what is his connection to Faraday time-skipping and unveiling the secrets of his mom? I cannot wait to find out more. I particularly enjoyed seeing the lover side of John and was a bit teary to find out Helen was dead. I hope whatever rascals didn\'t just kill Helen (masked as a brain aneurysm) to prevent Locke from his "destiny" to go back to the island.

Why the hell is Jack\'s dad so relevant to Jacob???
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 07:37:24 pm by inthewhitelodge »
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2009, 10:41:45 pm »
Ben is good. whitmore is good. jack is evil.

kidding aside though, first off, no big surprise, but if you freeze frame the license plate of the truck that picked up john in the dessert, it was the numbers. after that, I had a strong feeling that ben was going to kill john. he wanted him alive just long enough to get the information he needed. he said for the first time ever "I don\'t know what we\'re going to do next." which was total bullshit and that told me he was only acting innocent to get information. I think he was really shocked at jin being alive and john knowing hawkings name. I think ben was planning to kill john and when he said he liked him leaving the room it was sincere. That said, I don\'t think ben planned to kill him right then. I think it was a fit of rage because ben learned that whitmore knows more than he thought he knew. Hawkings is bens team and suppose to be super secret, and if john knows the name, maybe he learned it from whitmore, which made ben loose it.

Ultimately I think ben is jealous of john and that\'s the driving force of their relationship. Same with whitmore. Both ben and whitmore were in charge of the island at one point and they got screwed out of it and want the power back. John is the new golden boy being groomed for upper management and they both hate him for it.

Also, john and the plane people landed on the beach where there are 2 longboats, which means whichever time period that flash was in they are in. I don\'t think they stayed long enough to establish that but I think it\'s mid 80\'s french time at the earliest, more likely it\'s today, which is less than a year after the crash (john spent over 100 days on island, + 4 days passed since left, = mininum of 105 days/  4 months+ of summer 04\' approx). I think they are right there.

However, jack, jin, hurley and kate are in the 70\'s given that jin was driving a brand new vw micro and had a uniform on. I think after john left the island they jumped 1 more time to the 70\'s and have been there ever since. part of the flight members being in 04\' and part being in 70s\' is the "unexpected results" that could happen if they didn\'t get everyone back on the plane.

one more, when john left the island his leg was broken again so he needs the island or he will return to whatever state he was in before he got there if he leaves. hence, since he\'s dead, if he leaves the island ever again, he will instantly be killed.

wow, I wrote a lot. sorry.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

NickNels

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2009, 12:26:50 am »
Quote from: princesscaspian;221137
so....    what does everyone think of whidmore? im quite sure he is evil. he\'s playing the innocent card with locke....and for the first time ever in the series, they didnt make him out to be a cold, heartless, rich monster.... but still i just dont trust him.... and the fact that matthew abbadon is his pal, well... skettttchy!

Just listen to his snooty British accent...of course he\'s evil

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: February 27, 2009, 07:37:23 am »
dou \'ou thaink some bleedin\' old mhan knoughs \'dis \'island bedtar dhan mii?

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #101 on: February 27, 2009, 07:59:51 am »
you people think about this waaayyyy too much
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

NickNels

« Reply #102 on: February 27, 2009, 08:28:09 am »
Quote from: weekapaug19;221199
you people think about this waaayyyy too much

what do you mean, "you people"?

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2009, 08:52:30 am »
the others. he\'s talking about the others. rotfl

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #104 on: February 27, 2009, 09:32:54 am »
so does the island still randomly jump through time still even tho john fixed that big wheel that was skipping a couple episodes ago? (by wheel, I mean that thing that ben turned to make the island move)
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies