Author Topic: So... What should i name my arcade machine??  (Read 8425 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
So... What should i name my arcade machine??
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2005, 03:47:27 pm »
Quote from: weekapaug19
is it actual pinball or video pinball??

both really.. it\'s called pinmame.. people took the pinball machines you play in the arcade, and fully emulated them to play on the computer. you can\'t see it in the pic, but under the top of the gameboard on the sides, that\'s where i put the pinball flippers. i\'m going to be adding a plunger at some point as well, to make it more realistic.

here\'s an example of a machine in pinmame:

Quote from: obsession600
Congrats on the progress. Do you have Dragon\'s Lair?

absolutely..

daphne is the name of the emulator that runs all the laserdisc games (DL, DL2, Space Ace, etc)..

see here:

http://www.daphne-emu.com/screenshots.php

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2005, 04:19:37 pm »
you should activate the coin slot and call it \'Dave\'s piggy bank". Make some $$ off people when they play it.

unless of course, that it has monkey ball, then it should always be free. ;)
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
if i knew anything about electronics, i\'d invest in something like this....well worth it
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2005, 05:45:17 pm »
PexBox = some ser mario cart tourneys
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2005, 12:51:33 am »
update...

for those of you who might think this is a \'fun\' project, here\'s what i spent my night doing...

went from this:

to this:

wiring the buttons/joysticks - NOT FUN!! pain in the balls, actually.. spent about 5 hours tonight cutting, stripping, and crimping close to 60 wires, and that\'s only half of it! now i\'ve gotta run a single wire to every single one of those little fuckers for the ground.. NOT FUN!!

this is definitely the worst part.. definitely not the hardest part, but by far the most tedious.. on the bright side though, it *should* be smooth sailing after this i\'m done with the wiring.. *fingers crossed*

kyndkate

• Vicious.
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2005, 01:01:27 am »
Dave, that\'s hawt, not gonna lie. *drool*
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I needed to be." -Douglas Adams

Ant-Man

• govt.cheeze
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2005, 10:00:21 am »
I know a dude that use to build shit like this in high school, he went on to school to be an engineer.  

Good luck with everything dave.
3-4-05:  Inspired, enlightened, surprised, excited, confused, evoked euphoria, focused, newfound faith in music.