Author Topic: a request for those that were on the yahoo group  (Read 2877 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
a request for those that were on the yahoo group
« on: April 02, 2004, 08:18:37 am »
sup all,

I\'ve been doing a bunch of archiving of material on the band for the last month or so, and the biggest stab in the heart for the effort is that the yahoo group was deleted. All those hundreds of reviews and general conversation is gone. The only way that dave has been able to post the few random things that he has is because those were things he still had in his email box.

So, keeping that in mind, this is a plea to any/all of you that may have written material or still have material from the yahoo group to forward it to me for archiving. The messages from tim I have; I\'m looking for everything else: show reviews, hype about upcoming shows, top ten reason lists, etc.

I\'m also archiving pictures, video, and show reviews, so if anyone has anything of that nature, please send it as well to this email:

cbednarz77@juno.com

Also - Teddy, if your reading this, (or if anyone knows how to get ahold of him, please forward) is there a copy of the origional psyte anywhere? maybe saved on your computer somewhere in some form?
Its gone, can\'t even find it through yahoo cache searching.

Thanks to everyone who can help. This is all being assembled for a seperate part of pbfans to be available whenenever I finnish.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

tiedyetoga

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 11:11:51 am »
Damnit Paul that\'s a shame you didn\'t post this one week earlier! I have been in the process of cleaning out my mailboxes, and I deleted TONS of the yahoo group stuff about a week ago! I have a couple of things left that I found in my "misc." mailbox... not sure how they ended up there... Anyhow, there\'s a young naive Gencs asking what the "scene at the Living Room" was like :lol:, and my reply, Wolfy\'s Statistical PB Fan Awards, a message about the CD release @ the Webster, an email from a guy from Leeds, UK talkin bout the Breakfast, and a message from Portah saying Newbury Comics SOLD OUT of Bona Fide.  Also Cori\'s message about creating a " Ser Family Top 10" list and a drawing Jon did that my computer won\'t open. Oh, also found your change of address to Southington. :)

Non PB related: Seth\'s Hampton review (ouch), a message from Dave with some gross facts about scalpers, "Twas the Night Before Mail Order," some cheesy thing from Kroop that consists of things like "When you are sad...I will get you drunk and help you plot revenge against the sorry bastard who made you sad," some FFT from Porter, a "humorous but literal" take on the MLB strike, and some other silly article about Phish. Also an email entitled "Phish Pheelings" by Seth basically saying what the heck does it really matter if you didn\'t get tickets.

Do you want any of this stuff? Unfortunately it seems I deleted all of the good stuff, there was only fluff in the misc. mailbox...
Masturbation in the MFA

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 11:13:44 am »
Not all* of the good stuff actually. Seth\'s messages were well written and well thought out as always.
Masturbation in the MFA

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 11:28:57 am »
send me whatever you have. I\'ll sort threw it all, but for now I\'m just trying to acquire the raw data.

grayson, thanks! didnt know abou the wayback machine. I already have most of that though.

on a side note, dave\'s digital is still up and running :P
http://members.aol.com/mkdevo/
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 11:32:01 am by FrankZappa »
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 06:28:59 pm »
Originally posted by jocelyn
Not all* of the good stuff actually. Seth\'s messages were well written and well thought out as always.

Thanks Joce!  Paul, my old computer is sitting in my mom\'s closet in Boston, I gotta get it and dig in.  There are a lot of reviews on there, when I was reviewing really heavily I used to do them in word before posting.  I know that my 12/31/01 prank review is in there, that was one of my alltime favorites.  Who knows what other stuff of other people\'s is in there too.  I\'ll be in Boston May 8th, looks like you\'ve got a month to wait, but that computer is one of the ultimate treasure chests of pb fan writing, we gotta get it!

Wolfman

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 06:31:04 pm »
Also, does anyone have any archives of Teddy T\'s old psyte?  That site was cool, and the only website associated with the band for a couple of years.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2004, 07:03:49 am »
wolf, that would be awesome man!. you made my day :):):):):):):):):):):):)

if your talking tons of stuff, let me know in advance so I can clean out space in the email address. just reply to this thread.

No, I dont have teddys psyte, and I kick myself for not downloading it when I had the chance. I have the full pb.com site from the last week before the transsfer sitting on my computer. I have to get in touch with teddy somehow. I saw him briefly at new years, but that was the first time in years! I think I have an email address, but its at least 2 years old. I\'m gonna write him this afternoon and see if he\'s there.

lele

• has to follow her heart..
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisapeck
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2004, 02:59:42 pm »
Paul,

I have tons of old yahoo pb emails just sitting in outlook...I could forward them to you if you would like....

:)
lisa
:mickey:

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 05:30:40 am »
send em over!! thanks!

(use the email addy in my first post)

Wolfman

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2004, 08:57:02 pm »
Good news Paul, I will be in Boston on Monday, will retrieve computer then.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 05:09:20 am »
thanks wolf. I must say I\'m supprised at how much material is still out there on peoples computers. Teddy said he still has the origional psyte somewhere, you have all of your reviews, lisa had a few thousand (literally - crashed my email 3 times in a row) posts from yahoo. Its awesome.

its gonna take a while to **** through all this, but thanks. If your email gets kicked back to you, wait a day and try sending it again. I only have 10.0m of space in the account, but I delete the emails as soon as I download them.
:):P:)

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 08:20:25 am »
paul, i\'ll be burning lisa\'s emails for you over the weekend. i think there\'s like 1400 or so.. :D

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 10:06:25 am »
thanks. zanes has my bike, and it was suppost to be ready on wednesday, so I should be making a drive down that way soon.

lele

• has to follow her heart..
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisapeck
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2004, 03:13:20 pm »
Paul,
In my pb folder...I currently have  4,963 pb yahoo emails....I guess I don\'t delete/clean my email up too often!
By the way...sorry about crashing your email...Most of the stuff I sent was returned to me ("emails too big/exceed limit")
I thought dave might have an easy fix to the problem...hope to get everything to you soon..

Anyway, I hope that they are useful to you...
:)
lisa
:mickey: