Author Topic: Camping... Bonfire... Breakfast... why not??  (Read 3866 times)

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
Camping... Bonfire... Breakfast... why not??
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 10:09:04 am »
Quote from: lilblondie;230982
^^ who are you?

colin, i ran security at awesometown. pets played there. i prolly met your friend if he is friends with the pets. thats why i asked

lilblondie

• the FU queen
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 10:19:21 am »
his name is eric and he really drives around in a little scooter....he is a very cool dude...
maybe the sun will shine today...
the clouds will roll away..
maybe i wont be so afraid..
i will understand that everything has its plan...
either way...

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2009, 04:59:49 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit;230656
:chin: Break-Fest has been talked about for years... it can (and should) be done! :awwyeah:

Love your enthusiasm!  You\'re awesome!!  I think it should be done no matter what the naysayers and realists think... they don\'t have to go!  WE CAN DO THIS & HAVE A BLAST which is what lifes all about... the little pleasures!  I think the reason this hasn\'t happened is that whenever an idea is put up everyone thinks up problems that may or may not occur immediately.  I think we should try it and learn from experience, good or bad.  If you never try, you\'ll be safe, but will you ever have fun?  The campground I\'m talking about has these two sites set up far from everyone so YOU CAN PARTY and have a good time WITHOUT bothering others... but we\'ll never find out because the ideas already been shot down in everyones mind.  I think we should have a much more can-do attitude about these things.  
  I look back on my road trip around the U.S. when we (a friend & I)  left for a three month road trip to Idaho (with jobs waiting at Sun Valley) stayed for a year then left on another two month road trip to get home with a foot locker full of food, a tent, a propane grill, a propane stove and $500.00 in my pocket.  We had the time of our lives and worked our way through any problems, actually there were far less than we expected.  I think back on what a leap of faith that was all the time and the fun we had because we took that leap.  It could\'ve gone bad but once you take the first step it\'s amazing how things tend to work out in the end.  "Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.  Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."  - Goethe
  That\'s all I have to say... I\'m done :banghead::hair: on this subject.  HOPE IT CAN AND DOES HAPPEN!!  As far as music is concerned there are few bands other than The Breakfast I would like to see pull this off.  Other bands may put on festivals but without TB it just don\'t cut it for me... then again I\'m all about their music!

Quote from: DocEllis70;230665
heres the best option if we want to camp, rage and be care free and do  our thing:  my long time best friend is organizing a music event at his farm in upstate Ny, 40 min south of Albany off the Taconic Pkwy and looking to and hoping to have the Breakfast. It would be this summer and he\'s waitng to hear back from some other bands, so i dont want to say too much. Heres a link with some photos of the place/stage etc.  I get up to the farm as much as possible and it is a perfect spot with some history and hope we\'re able to all get up there and hear our faveorite band!

http://www.myspace.com/sunnyviewfarm

P.S. - if you can make it happen Doctor I\'d be there with bells on in support of The Band!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 04:59:49 pm by Bret »
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 11:50:00 am »
I know of an upstate secluded place they can play with Electricity and plumbing that would include free food and byob/w alcohol. We would just need the permit cost, which is cheap. People could pay for the band\'s gas and time with 25-30 per person. Tent covers available.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 12:01:43 pm »
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;231340
I know of an upstate secluded place they can play with Electricity and plumbing that would include free food and byob/w alcohol. We would just need the permit cost, which is cheap. People could pay for the band\'s gas and time with 25-30 per person. Tent covers available.

hook it up!
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 10:48:02 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;231343
Quote from: inthewhitelodge;231340

hook it up!

I\'ll be a few days to work out the details.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 11:08:39 pm »
dude, hate to burst any bubbles here, but it takes a shit load of equipment to get a band set up to sound good. can\'t just go to a camp ground w/ electricity and think it\'s gonna be cool.

this being said...

my friends in wounded buffalo theory already throw a sweet ass music festival in upstate ny, called cabinfest. brothers past has played it before.

$50 gets you three days/nights of music, beverages (including keg beer), 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners. sweet ass deal, huh?!

http://www.youtube.com/v/INr6lSQPTho&hl=en&fs=1">http://www.youtube.com/v/INr6lSQPTho&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

that being said..

b/c it\'s so cheap to get in, they don\'t really pay the bands very well, if at all.

the other thing being said...

perhaps if there is enough interest in getting the breakfast to something like this (which it sounds like there is) they can work out a deal that is mutually agreeable.

i\'ll inquire further....

here\'s my photos from last year: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23216&id=1389421573
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 11:55:48 pm by galenas »

Bret

• Sin-ser Breakfasthead
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 03:39:10 pm »
Quote from: galenas;231399

$50 gets you three days/nights of music, beverages (including keg beer), 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 dinners. sweet ass deal, huh?!

here\'s my photos from last year

Looks like good times!  Anything will do from my point of view and the price is right on this one!

P.S. - I\'m not trying to hurt anyones pride by doing a donation show to help them out... I\'d just hate to lose the music that\'s kept me smiling through good times and bad over the years.  I\'m not rich but I\'d give what I could to them over anyone else to keep the music alive, they\'ve given me a lot of joy over the years... fact is, money\'s what they need to keep doing what they do.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 03:39:10 pm by Bret »
Lois: What the hell?  Marilyn Manson?  Is that who\'s causing all this?  Peter: Yeah, it\'s all him or hers fault.  Who does he or she think he or she is?  Look, you can totally see his or her nipples.  That\'s obscene... maybe.  Lois: There\'s only one thing to do.  Peter: You\'re right.  We got to find this Marilyn Manson and I\'ve got to give that bastard or bitch a piece of my mind or penis.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 01:41:18 pm »
spoke to my friend who\'s doing booking for cabinfest. said he was interested, depending on the band\'s price tag.... we\'ll see.

galenas

• Global Moderator

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
Great news
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 12:52:44 am »
The Breakfast will be playing at one of the coolest places we as fans will ever get to see. Let it Roll is the name of the festival and it is coming together nicely and going to be a unforgettable time. Great place with lots of possibilities for future stuff to happen . Breakfast are pretty much headlining and think everyone should be on the roll call for this one. theres pics n info on the myspace page

sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

peaches626

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2009, 01:50:17 am »
Quote from: DocEllis70;235271
The Breakfast will be playing at one of the coolest places we as fans will ever get to see. Let it Roll is the name of the festival and it is coming together nicely and going to be a unforgettable time. Great place with lots of possibilities for future stuff to happen . Breakfast are pretty much headlining and think everyone should be on the roll call for this one. theres pics n info on the myspace page

Count me in!!
taints rule, gypsies drool!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2009, 10:15:32 am »
great lineup! i\'m down!

hey doc, is this that barn you are always talking about??
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:15:32 am by galenas »

DocEllis70

• shottynasalGuinness
    • http://www
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 10:48:49 am »
Yep. its a couple thousand acre farm called Sunnyview farms. Its a horse farm hosts/rehabilitates race horses for Saratoga (Joe Torre actually kept his horse there a little whle ago) . The barn that the music will be in is the \'Stallion Barn\' where they used to breed horses... hence the padding all along the walls..im sure it will sound mint in there
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 10:50:57 am by DocEllis70 »
sleep a lot...eat a lot, brush em like crazy. Run a lot...do a lot, never be lazy..

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 11:07:35 am »
sweet. i like the timing of it, too. makes the end of the summer seem less depressing.