Author Topic: Creative 7.1 surround system for $81  (Read 1431 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Creative 7.1 surround system for $81
« on: November 27, 2004, 06:12:15 am »
Good brand, good reviews, $12 dollars shipping. Just grabbed one. Still need the sound card, but can get that anywhere.

Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=36-116-140&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0

Company link

what the hell is 7.1? From PC Guide review
 Satellites
The satellite speakers are broken into 3 center speakers and then the remaining four are split, 2 for the side and 2 for the rear. The center speakers are rated at 20 watts RMS this rating refers to per channel, which means that the rating is based on channel-driven power by the T7700 amplifier as mentioned is in the subwoofer. The other 2 satellites are will be using the 8 watt RMS rating, but can also be plug into the center position. All three speakers contains mid-range driver for general range of  frequency (pitch) sounds, as well the front speakers also include a tweeter. A tweeter is a much smaller driver that can deliver much more precise high frequency sounds as it is smaller and able to move faster with more accuracy.
The remaing 4 speakers for side and rear just contain the normal mid-range driver which is fine for providing a wide range  coverage of sound. All of the 7 speakers come with little stands for either desk placement or holes in the rear for those wanting to mount satellites onto the walls, a good positive to see this as people like myself prefer to mount the satellites on the wall to give better 3D surround sound effect.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke