Author Topic: Bonnaroo Suspicions  (Read 1278 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Bonnaroo Suspicions
« on: March 23, 2004, 07:10:52 pm »
So w/ the newly added Jazz Mandolin Project(w/ Fishman), that makes 3 members of Phish @ Bonnaroo. We all know how much Mike likes to just show up and play so does anyone have a suspicion as I do that Phish may be playing a late nite set sometime during Bonnaroo ?

It totally makes sense w/ these tricksters doesn\'t it ?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

bluefunknebula

• F th cops n censorship 2
    • http://www.myspace.com/amplifier_worship
Bonnaroo Suspicions
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 07:13:47 pm »
what would make even more sense is 2003 jammy award winners, THE BREAKFAST, playing

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Bonnaroo Suspicions
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 07:21:50 pm »
Leith, I hate to disagree with you again, but there is no way Phish is playing at Bonnaroo.  This situation happens a lot, with 2 or 3 members in the same place, and the rumors always fly, and it never happens.  There\'s a good reason for this too:  If Phish plays Bonnaroo, every other show at Bonnaroo becomes meaningless.  Phish knows this, Bonnaroo knows it, and the other bands know it.  If Phish plays, everyone will leave Bonnaroo and talk about nothing but Phish\'s surprise show.  All the mid-grade bands and most of the other big bands will be forgotten.  Nobody benefits from Phish playing.  (What are they gonna do, get bigger?)  Lots of people lose however.  Every other band besides Phish loses because nobody cares that they played anymore.  Bonnaroo loses because all of their bands are pissed and none of the fans will think future Bonnaroos will be as good as the year Phish played.  I will be so pissed at Phish if they play and take away from all these other bands that I probably won\'t see them anymore (not that it makes any difference to them.)  Fortunately, I am quite confident that they have enough common sense not to do this.  2 or even 3 members can jam at the same time with other people on other songs, that\'s fine, but if it\'s all 4 members doing Phish songs then Bonnaroo was a waste of time for 50 other bands.  (It will never happen anyways.)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Bonnaroo Suspicions
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 07:35:44 pm »
Originally posted by Wolfman
Leith, I hate to disagree with you again,  

LIAR :)
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
Bonnaroo Suspicions
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2004, 09:13:03 pm »
Aww, you coulda debuted the liar smiley.  Too late!
:liar:
I\'m not lying though.

princesscaspian

• gemini tactics
Bonnaroo Suspicions
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 01:11:19 am »
Originally posted by bluefunknebula
what would make even more sense is 2003 jammy award winners, THE BREAKFAST, playing

yeah i had that suspicion also... that would be a great spot for them to head this summer...

... they added ween to the lineup, also... latenight stage!! :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2004, 12:09:30 pm by princesscaspian »
and what CAN you do, when your world is invaded by a reggaejunkiejew?!?