Author Topic: Setlist: 2008-05-24 - Sterling Stage Folk Festival; Sterling, NY  (Read 8287 times)

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
Setlist: 2008-05-24 - Sterling Stage Folk Festival; Sterling, NY
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 04:09:47 pm »
Quote from: Klout;190946
oh and did i mention doozetrvlr aka snoozetravlr? :lol:

:banghead:

Probably shouldn\'t have put down a half liter of scotch before the first set was over. Sorry chipped on so many levels. At least I kept it all down!
Smell my mule.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 05:05:01 pm »

What a SER little festie in the middle of nowhere upstate NY.  2nd set was monstrous, too bad it wasn\'t taped, I was pretty drunk and would like to listen to these phenominal jams again some day, but oh well. The next day was pretty brutal between my severe hangover and my overheating car, but luckily Gabin and I made it back to Newhampsh unscathed (for the most part). I wish I couldv\'e been hardcore and made it to the latenight set last night but with work at 6 this morning, it was not in the cards. Klout/Doozetraveler, I had a blast camping with you\'s gus.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 07:00:35 pm »
wow thats a tremendous looking setlist, glad to see those who attended had a great time.

how many people were listening to the band?
DS Newbers

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 07:38:47 pm »
cant exactly remember what jam it was, but at some point in second set adrian had to switch his bass drum up because he broke the head on the one he was using
*Gia*

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 08:00:55 pm »
there was mad heads watching the show. Hard to say exactly how many but I\'d say at least 400 throughout the whole field. Definitely the largest breakfast crowd I have seen since moe down. It was quite a spectacle. Lights looked good and it was very loud but well mixed. The setting was really beautiful. Big dome of trees and a lot of open air. The band definitely stepped it up and played great. Very synched up and tasteful sound throughout the whole night. No aimless wanking whatsoever. The jams all had a very full, mature, open air rock and roll sound.

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 09:26:51 pm »
^damn...todd, post some pics man
DS Newbers

thatguy

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2008, 02:25:53 am »
great shows,honestly top of the heep.and they were recorded,and there was about 7 or 800 getting down,thanx for a good time!!

groovinlumens

• Seen the lights
    • http://www.MYSPACE.COM/GROOVINDOOD
My Sterling Adventure
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2008, 12:01:40 pm »
My evening started out at around 5pm on saturday as i awoke from a nap with my son Blaze who would be celebrating his first b-day at the strike of midnight.(which he did not see)I step out of my camper to the sounds of "hey you come here" from across the street of our camping neighborhood. It is Zee (manager and part owner of The Electric Company in Utica,NY) and he takes me into his camper and procedes to start me off with a well lets just say that in an hour i better be set up and ready to go because the thinking process was about to get difficult. Thanks ZEE!!!

I head back over to my camper and change my outfit and get ready to go to work. Doing lights for the B-fast makes it the best day of the year!! I head down to the stage to find the guys are there and me and Ellis start putting our two systems together and for the first time it actually went pretty flawless so that started everyone out on the right foot. i could tell this night would be interesting.

I knew that coma was the opener so i could get a program ready but didn\'t want to know the rest. I like surprises. first set was amazing. everything was tight,and almost appeared to be flawless even though my mind was probably not in the best state for evaluation but i enjoyed the hell out of it. The psygn>rush>cult was hot!!! Second set was kind of a blur because i had steven,gavin and ellis laughing hysterically in my ear all set. I think the balloons and opi were responsible for that. The gladys jam was stellar and long. I do remember that.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone(ellis,steven,gavin,todd,and the boys) for the best sat night I have had in a long time!! Hope you enjoyed the complimentary NO2 tank provided by your friendly lighting company!!! I know ellis enjoyed it as he was laying on the ground back stage after taking a header from it!!! Down goes upstate,Down goes Upstate!! The best part is we all were laughing to hard to help the poor guy up off the ground. Sorry Ellis I had to do it to ya!!

The show was incredible and for it being my first Chris experience I loved it and his bass solo was off the hook!! Rush was stupid!! Every tunes had an amazing jam and the boys let it all hang out!! The crowd was great. I would guess somewhere in the range of 400-500 watching the show. But if you know anything about sterling there were another 400-500 sitting at their campfires less than a 100 yds away so it was a good night. The official head count was in the 1300-1400 range for the fest. I had lots of peeps compliment the band the next day. Really good vibe going around sterling on sunday about the night before.

We did video tape the first complete set but unfortunately ellis\'s lights are too dark to get any good footage from the second set so we just stopped taping it the second set. I yelled at my guy for not running it all the way so we could at least get the audio but i think the first set overall was a bit better.

Hope everybody had a great time and can\'t wait to see the boys again at Sterling. If you didn\'t go then you missed out on the best party in upstate all summer. Two night at the Electric company in Utica is next on the radar. See everybody there.

Groovin\' Lumens

Trey is a jedi but Tim is a wizard!!!!!

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2008, 01:04:44 pm »
heh text book call out. happens to the best of us ;) sound booth was where that pahty was at tho. much thanks! :thumbsup:

I think your about right though....400-500 watching in the field and another 400-500 listening from all over the venue because you can hear the music amazingly well through out the whole place! Cant wait for next year....two sets of breakfast both nights??? :D

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2008, 01:14:58 pm »
some girl put up a video already

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtOG-6ajph8

looks like the start of the 2nd set jam>mayfly
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 01:14:58 pm by ds673488 »
DS Newbers

groovinlumens

• Seen the lights
2 sets both nights next year?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 01:33:59 pm »
I barely survived two sets on one night!!! And i doubt the crew could take two nights. Ellis would end up with a concussion, Steven would laugh himself until he strained an abdominal and Timmy\'s eyes would be the size of saucers still the next day!!!  Oh wait his eyes were the size of saucers!

I already know for a fact that montbleau will be the sat night headliner so if they play at it, it will be friday night two sets. sorry.

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 01:44:30 pm »
Quote from: groovinlumens;191112
I barely survived two sets on one night!!! And i doubt the crew could take two nights. Ellis would end up with a concussion, Steven would laugh himself until he strained an abdominal and Timmy\'s eyes would be the size of saucers still the next day!!!  Oh wait his eyes were the size of saucers!

I already know for a fact that montbleau will be the sat night headliner so if they play at it, it will be friday night two sets. sorry.

2 sets friday and a late night set saturday would be nioce :disco:
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 01:51:19 pm »
Quote from: groovinlumens;191098
My evening started out at around 5pm on saturday as i awoke from a nap with my son Blaze who would be celebrating his first b-day at the strike of midnight.(which he did not see)I step out of my camper to the sounds of "hey you come here" from across the street of our camping neighborhood. It is Zee (manager and part owner of The Electric Company in Utica,NY) and he takes me into his camper and procedes to start me off with a well lets just say that in an hour i better be set up and ready to go because the thinking process was about to get difficult. Thanks ZEE!!!

There\'s a time and a place for everything, but not around your one year-old  :sigh:
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

groovinlumens

• Seen the lights
parenting
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 01:53:52 pm »
Before everybody thinks i am a bad parent my son and wife both left that evening so it was not around my kid. but thanks for telling me how to raise my son. appreciate it!!!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2008, 01:57:53 pm »
Sorry, but your post kind of led to that conclusion.  I may not agree with everyone\'s habits, but I don\'t agree with doing drugs around your kids.  This is a forum and I stated my opinion.  You raise your son however you want.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen