Author Topic: The Official LOST season 3 thread (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 8903 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The Official LOST season 3 thread (Possible Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 11:28:10 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;135023
I Like Desmond, brothA

:)

i loved that charlie was calling him \'brothA\' when they were drinking..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 12:40:36 pm »
At 9 p.m., "American Idol" pared its field to 24 semifinalists, scoring a 16.1/24 in the process. CBS got a 9.6/14 from "Criminal Minds." NBC stayed in third with "Deal or No Deal," 6.3/9, while a repeat of "Lost" posted a 3.2/5 for ABC. The CW went with "One Tree Hill."

CBS took the lead at 10 p.m. with "CSI: NY," 9.4/15. With no lead-in to speak of, "Lost" managed only a 7.6/12, its lowest rating ever for a new episode. NBC\'s "Medium" came in at 5.7/9.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2007, 06:33:05 am »
\'Lost\' loses footage in airport blunder
 •  Special: Lost in Hawai\'i

By Sean Hao
Advertiser Staff Writer

Film from ABC\'s hit show "Lost" was ruined when security employees at the Honolulu International Airport accidentally X-rayed the canisters despite warnings labels asking them not to.

The show\'s crew had to reshoot the scenes because there were no copies.

"This is the first time anything like this has happened," said state Film Commissioner Donne Dawson, adding that steps have been taken to prevent a repeat of the incident.

The loss will not affect the broadcast schedule for the popular show, according to co-executive producer Jean Higgins.

Higgins declined to say how much the gaffe cost ABC.

"That\'s proprietary information between us and the insurance company," she said. "We\'ve already reshot. We are still on schedule."

Having to reshoot film is a monumental issue, said Anne Misawa, a local film producer and instructor at the University of Hawai\'i Academy for Creative Media. A reshoot involves paying added costs for actors and venues.

For a commercial, those costs could easily top $100,000, and for a big-budget production such as "Lost," a reshoot could be more expensive. "You have to redo everything related to the production of the damaged dailies," Misawa said.

"Lost" reportedly spends $1.5 million to $2 million or more per episode with about 200 full- and part-time workers. Normally it takes about eight days to shoot an episode of "Lost." So if one day\'s worth of film was destroyed, the cost could be close to $200,000.

A commercial for Bank of Hawaii also was accidentally X-rayed and ruined on the same day the "Lost" film was X-rayed.

The incidents occurred when the film canisters were mistakenly mixed with passenger luggage and then sent through an X-ray machine. The canisters were left unattended at X-ray machines along with other non-film cargo. The film apparently was then thrown in with piles of passenger luggage without regard for the warning labels indicating not to X-ray the sensitive contents within.

According to an informational Web site run by the film office, the mistake occurred following a new Transportation Security Administration cargo security directive that requires that all small cargo packages traveling on passenger planes be screened by air carriers via an explosive detection system or explosive trace detection system.

Explosive trace detection testing involves TSA agents swiping items with cotton pads then testing the pads in a machine that detects explosive residue. That test would not destroy film.

Film shot in Hawai\'i typically is sent to the Mainland for processing.

The state film office said it has worked with TSA and United Airlines to put a new process in place that will prevent future accidents.

"The issue has been addressed, and they have procedures in place to make sure it doesn\'t happen again," said Dawson, the state film commissioner.

source

All together now:

:banghead:
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 11:19:47 am »
The airlines should have to pay for that.
Masturbation in the MFA

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 11:58:47 am »
Quote from: jocelyn;135281
The airlines should have to pay for that.

They might. The insurance company will pay out to ABC / Lost and then if they think they have a shot at recouping their loss from the TSA then they will go after them. Not Sure if the TSA has any liability tho. they may have a blanket policy of not being responsible for lost or damaged items. Not sure if it would hold up in a legal case however.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Whathefunk

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 02:58:05 pm »
just caught the episode last night on itunes.  sooo much better with out commercials.

but anyway, i wanna start watching them with you dave.  haha i picked up some of that stuff, i.e. the painting in perry\'s dad\'s office, but wonderwall, the paintcan!?! you either have an amazing eye, or you are on another \'lost\' message board somewhere....

ps. nice catch on the david hume....i had already made the connection with locke but that makes it a bit more interesting

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2007, 03:03:40 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk;135506
just caught the episode last night on itunes.  sooo much better with out commercials.

but anyway, i wanna start watching them with you dave.  haha i picked up some of that stuff, i.e. the painting in perry\'s dad\'s office, but wonderwall, the paintcan!?! you either have an amazing eye, or you are on another \'lost\' message board somewhere....

ps. nice catch on the david hume....i had already made the connection with locke but that makes it a bit more interesting

i don\'t notice ALL of it, but this show has taught me to keep my eyes peeled. on the first view, i noticed the paint can, the painting, wonderwall (thought about it after the episode).. but the hume/locke stuff i would have never known without teh internets.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2007, 02:12:31 pm »
tonight:

309 - "Stranger In A Strange Land"

[spoiler]Jack recalls the time he spent in Bangkok, Thailand, and the interesting people he met while he was there, including a talented tattoo artist and the formidable Sherry.[/spoiler]

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2007, 02:20:39 pm »
Anyone care to speculate on the "Answers" we will get in tonights episode ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 07:52:07 am »
one of, if not THE worst episode of the series. what a snoozefest. i almost went to bed around 10:25 because i was so bored with it. after last week\'s masterpiece, this was a HUGE let down.

i\'d imagine i\'d be even more pissed if i watched the previews/commercials for this episode..

i really hope it picks back up next week.

oh, and Bai Ling is on fire!

Whathefunk

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 01:57:34 pm »
nothing too earth shattering or any real info....just something i heard from an interview with the producers on E!
[spoiler]we will find out who sun\'s baby\'s daddy is, as well as why locke is in a wheel chair[/spoiler]

as for last night....

gotta agree with you dave, nothing that intense or enlightening really happened.  It was nice to find out about jack\'s tattoo, been wondering since the first episode when he talks about it with kate.  But besides that, the introduction of the new character "the sheriff" left something to be desired. the scene with the flight attendant was sorta cool. i wish jack wasn\'t so grumpy from waking up from his sex dream, so he could have gotten some more info.  also i would like to get back to some of the other characters who we haven\'t heard anything about....especially michael and walt.  but i guess it will all come in time.  here\'s hoping for a better next week....

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007, 05:59:11 pm »
WAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT MY BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I for 1 am glad they have not revisited Michael and Walt. Almost as annoying as Nikki and Jessica from Heroes

last night was a big let down. and why would a man screw up a perfectly good guilt free relationship to get a tattoo. he was living on the beach in Phuket getting a late night booty call no questions asked. After finding out she wasn\'t a prostitute or doing anything really bad why push the subject. He is an ass

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 06:57:57 pm »
Only saw the first new ep. sounds like this second part of season 3 kind of sucks from what ya\'ll are saying.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Whathefunk

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 07:38:18 pm »
Quote from: kindm\'s;136284
WAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT MY BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I for 1 am glad they have not revisited Michael and Walt. Almost as annoying as Nikki and Jessica from Heroes

last night was a big let down. and why would a man screw up a perfectly good guilt free relationship to get a tattoo. he was living on the beach in Phuket getting a late night booty call no questions asked. After finding out she wasn\'t a prostitute or doing anything really bad why push the subject. He is an ass

couldn\'t agree more....i don\'t watch heroes, but you\'re right, i think its good to give us a long break with out hearing anything about mike and walt.

but ya, what a douche....that chick from entourage is schhhhmokin\' hot.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 02:37:57 pm »
so no one\'s talking..

LOST has had 2 pretty good episodes in a row coming off of 2 horrible ones.

we\'re starting to get some answers, and the show hasn\'t been a complete waste of time for the past 2 weeks. :D

not to mention, we witnessed jack\'s greatest moment ever on the show last week:

TOUCHDOWN!!!