Author Topic: The Official LOST season 3 thread (Possible Spoilers)  (Read 8902 times)

Whathefunk

The Official LOST season 3 thread (Possible Spoilers)
« on: November 08, 2006, 10:16:16 pm »
Considering dpeck\'s recent avatar I figured i wasn\'t the only one watching tonight.   I had no idea that they were doing the soprano\'s thing and returning in a few months to end the season.  Pretty friggin\' whack if you ask me....the last two minutes of the episode were basically the only good moments so far this season.

I watched the whole first two seasons on dvd this summer, so i\'m not used to the whole waiting a week in between epi\'s either, so i have been very dissapointed so far.  But considering the ending of tonights episode and the fact that all the seasons have gotten better as they progress, hopefully when it returns in Feb. we will get some actual entertainment.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 07:10:42 am »
mike -

i didn\'t read your post. here\'s my deal:

picked up lost seasons 1 & 2 on DVD not too long ago, and wanted to get through them before S3 started. we got through them pretty quick (about 2 months), but not quite in time for the S3 premiere.

i\'d been downloading the S3 episodes so i could get caught up, but after S3E03, someone put together an incredible DVD of the first 3 episodes ripped from HD, and posted it on usenet. so we watched the first 3 episodes of this season, but i\'m waiting for this guy\'s DVD 2 to watch the next 3. then we\'ll be caught up and i\'ll finally be able to watch LOST in HD after the break (and i\'ll also be able to read your post) ;).

weekapaug19

• In the house
    • http://www.phishhook.com/lists/weekapaug19
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:57:04 am »
dave......his post has nothing to do with the show
"I don\'t know if it\'s an A-sharp or a B-Flat.......If you get this wrong, we\'ll all B-Flat"  -The Goonies

sallyalli

• NewHampshire Fordamnsure
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 09:04:01 pm »
I watched season one and loved it. I need to get caught up...someone pm me if they wanna let me borrow season 2
:banguitar: :banboogy2:

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 07:42:06 pm »
season 3 sucks... nothing has happened. the next 16 episodes better answer some shit, because this is rediculous. jack kate and sawyer are probably going to end up joining the others or something, if they don\'t kill sawyer first.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 09:40:09 am »
god damn it\'s great to have LOST back.. i hate the new timeslot, but managed to tough it out last night. the break was so long and pointless, and i\'m really glad there\'s no more breaks this season..

really strong episode, i thought. would have liked to have seen what the other island was up to, but understand that they had to pick up where the last one left off..

:lol: at the \'wookie escape trick\'..

crazy shit going on with carl in that room he was in..

loved the \'final destination\' bus accident. :wah:

great ending.. gonna be really interesting to see what\'s in store for jack with juliet leaving. can\'t wait til next week!

oh, and here:

http://www.mittelosbioscience.org

user id: jburke
password: rachel

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 10:17:04 am »
RE: The Bus.

I totally called it. They were on the sidewalk and when the scene just starts you get a really quick glimpse of a city Bus. I turned to Kim and said he is dying right now. Then WHAM.

I kind of felt let down by last nights episode tho. I mean it has been months since the last episode and thats what they give us. A basic Lost episode. Not that much happened. We got another background on a new person so to speak.

And something that really bugs the crap out of me. If you have been on the Island with the plane crash victims your telling me no one has noticed another very large island only 2 miles off shore ?

I am to invested in the show now to give up on it but they better bring the heat soon because they are getting left behind by shows like Heroes and even 24 kind of. Hell house is better written etc.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 10:29:01 am »
While I\'m still yet to see this show, it reminds me a great deal of The prisoner. If you like lost you should definetly check this show out. Also, if you are a simpsons fan you are going to all of  a sudden get a few 100 jokes that always went right over your head. A lot of public libraries including southington and wallingford have the episodes.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 11:14:56 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;133839
I kind of felt let down by last nights episode tho. I mean it has been months since the last episode and thats what they give us. A basic Lost episode. Not that much happened. We got another background on a new person so to speak.

blame ABC. they wanted the break. there was no reason for it whatsoever. i mean, i didn\'t think the end of E6 left you with anything you should have to think about for 2+ months, nor should it.. the writers shouldn\'t have to insert \'wow\' moments for episodes 6 and 7 of a long season, just because the network decides to slice and dice it any way they see fit..

i\'m glad their (ABC) little experiment failed miserably, because if they\'d continued their 6-episode-block plan for the rest of the season, this show would have been ruined for me, and probably a lot of other people as well.

Quote from: kindm\'s;133839
And something that really bugs the crap out of me. If you have been on the Island with the plane crash victims your telling me no one has noticed another very large island only 2 miles off shore ?

[spoiler]the \'others\' island isn\'t very large AT ALL. there\'s quite an interesting map at the link i posted above (in the \'projects\' section), that shows you where the islands are, and their relative sizes..

there\'s also a 3rd island. :wah:[/spoiler]

oh, and just a quick word about spoilers, since i see a note has made its way into the thread title:

any discussion about anything that has already aired is fair game, and shouldn\'t be considered a spoiler. if you haven\'t watched the previous episode(s) yet, it\'s probably a smart idea to stay out of the thread until you do.

anything about FUTURE episodes (including \'next week on\', commercials, etc.) should be considered spoiler material, and should always be placed in spoiler tags.

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 11:38:59 am »
I only added it because FZ said he hadn\'t seen the show and I felt a little bad about describing the bus.

I agree that the show has already aired. Figured it was just a reminder.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 11:40:49 am »
did you look at my spoiler?

oh, and a quick poll - do you watch the following week\'s previews at the end of each ep? me, personally, i stay away (with most shows)..

kindm's

• Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 12:03:37 pm »
Quote from: davepeck;133843
did you look at my spoiler?

oh, and a quick poll - do you watch the following week\'s previews at the end of each ep? me, personally, i stay away (with most shows)..

Yes I watch them. They are usually never what you think tho. A teaser that has an alternate explanation then the one they want you to think.

Whathefunk

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 01:32:44 pm »
i hate "next week on\'s" and previews for movies as well....i usually block my ears and avert my eyes while making loud noises if i catch myself in that situation.  I just like to go in fresh.

btw, the wookie prisoner thing was great, as was the brainwashing room with the techno.

episode =~7/10
maybe less

p.s. i\'m a little pissed i looked at your spoiler dave....for some reason i just can\'t stay away, even though i know i\'m gonna regret it
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 01:36:06 pm by Whathefunk »

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 01:47:34 pm »
Quote from: Whathefunk;133853
i usually block my ears and avert my eyes while making loud noises if i catch myself in that situation.

:lol: i do the same thing! though i had to do a LOT more of it when i was watching shows like LOST and 24 on DVD, and not at all caught up in the latest season..

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 10:08:44 am »
At 10 p.m., "CSI: NY" posted a 10.2/16 for CBS, winning the hour in viewers over the return of ABC\'s "Lost," 8.5/14, which was well below its season average (but did win the hour in adults 18-49). NBC\'s "Medium" was third at 5.4/8.