Author Topic: CT Venues?  (Read 1253 times)

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
CT Venues?
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:38:00 pm »
I am sure this comes up from time to time, but I figured I\'d ask because I\'m curious... I know that there are tons of venues in CT the band has played as PB & tB over the years... Sully\'s seems to be the only venue that is still bringing these guys around a few times a year but consistently over a long time.  What happened to Daniel Street being a regular stop.  They were a regular from 08-NYE 09.  The Field was a spot for a while as well.  I know Toad\'s Place is more sporadic place they play but there is nothing listed for them there in the near future... is it disagreements between venue/band/management? poor attendance at these places?  

On the bright side, we have a 4 week residency occurring soon at a new/old venue for the band which is great! We have Kung Fu frequently in the area as well, and not to mention Timmy solo 2-3 times a month around here! I know that there seems to be more of a draw for these the bfast in upstate NY, and NH lately... again like I mentioned, just curious as to why some of these venues have phased out of the rotation...
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
CT Venues?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 09:44:20 pm »
Yeah dude good question.

I know there were some Toads shows in the past with kind of a dooze turnout... but then again they\'ve had some shows there where it\'s been packed and the last show was pretty well attended.

Toads being 18+ is a big help to turnout right now... as the 18,19,20 year old Breakfast crowd is actually pretty lively at the moment. Big part of the bands success in western mass and southern new hampsh is that we\'ve got venues where its either 18+ or all ages.

I suspect in other regions if there were all ages venues and the band played frequently... and there were also some old fam still hanging around who remain active in the scene to motivate the kids.. they\'d be seeing the same kind of success anywhere they went.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
CT Venues?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 09:48:33 pm »
Your probably right... I don\'t know why more of these shows aren\'t 18+. Not sure if it is CT laws what governs a bar vs. a cafe vs. a pub vs. a restaurant... it could all be in the wording of the law disallows them from being able to do that...
Where to next?

frolfer

• breakfast geek
CT Venues?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 09:50:40 pm »
Is the Powder Mill Barn still a venue? They have an active site but it doesn\'t appear that they host concerts anymore. But, it is a rental hall so maybe its still a possibility.

I know the Webster isn\'t everyone\'s favorite venue but is that still kicking? What ever happened to the Warehouse in Hartford? Seemed like that name was popping up now and again but I haven\'t heard about anything happening there recently.

What about Infinity Hall in Norfolk(?)

Any good venues around UConn? A good spot there and some all ages or 18+ shows would be a good thing like Tuna is saying.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
CT Venues?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:54:13 pm »
I know that ultimately where and how often they play is up to the band and management... the variety of venues in CT has just significantly tanked over the past year... just an observation. But again, I\'m about to have them 4x\'s in 1 month, so how much can I really complain?
Where to next?

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
CT Venues?
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 10:13:41 pm »
bdfreetuna with the epic logic. play all ages shows in or around college towns
caress me, aunt jemima