Author Topic: What do you do for work?  (Read 8770 times)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« on: January 26, 2006, 04:36:18 pm »
I\'m just curious... :)
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
What do you do for work?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 04:38:07 pm »
press buttons on a switcher and non-linear editor.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 04:40:48 pm »
whaaaaaaa?
Free me from vices, free me from fear.. Free me from anything that keeps me from here.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
What do you do for work?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 04:58:11 pm »

"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
What do you do for work?
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 05:13:07 pm »
I dumbify people, especially on Black Thursdays ;)
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 05:23:29 pm »
Accountant?

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
What do you do for work?
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 05:41:25 pm »
:no: accountant?  that\'d be so easy!  I wish!  Nope... try again... today I had to break up three fights in the cafeteria (where I was smacked upside my head), spent $20 during lunchbreak so my kids could have some pencils/pens/notebooks, had a conference with a crackhead mom going through rehab, and lost my voice while screaming for peace & quiet from my 108 students (:lol: of course, this is all after 4 hrs. sleep & 2.5 halfyards) :hair: :rip: :banghead:

I can\'t wait for summer!!!!!!!!  :biggrin:
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
What do you do for work?
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 05:46:57 pm »
^^^ hope to be there with ya one day freespirit.

as for now, im a humble servant for those who like to go out and waste money on canned food prepared by mexican chefs, and drink $5 pints rather than buying 6 for $8.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
What do you do for work?
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 05:48:40 pm »
i\'m an audio engineer at a studio where we right and produce music for tv and radio commercials.  i\'ve also been doing a little bit of writing as of late.

for those who need further explanation, i sit in this setting.....

.....and take shit from clients.
Postcount +1.

Marcial

• Big Wooly Mammoth
    • http://www.chondrolicious.com
What do you do for work?
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 06:09:14 pm »
manage construction projects.
Switching peeping observing and licking
No telling next day what I be thinking

MakisupaPJ

• The Polish Kielbasa Man
What do you do for work?
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 06:27:33 pm »
Im a high school science teacher...(right with ya Freespirit) I teach Anatomy and Physiology to seniors and Earth Science to freshman punk asses--they really need a good smack down..I dont know what the hell is happening to kids but they are turning into punks. Anyway Ive done everything from scoop Ice cream, worked on a bird farm, hang sheet rock in NYC, Run the Stowe\'s Gondala at night, worked as a snowboard tech in Oregon, landscaper, waiter, worked in a chemistry lab, and now I am teaching which can be fun on some days--specially when you fuck with the kids...my favorite is if the office calls me while Im in the middle of a class. As soon as I hang up the phone I yell " We\'re going home early" they get so psyched and then I say just kidding..they fall for it everytime---sorry if this is too much info--PJ
"When you worry too much about the past or the future, you lose sight of the present"

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
What Jim Cobb REALLY does @ work
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 06:44:41 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb
i\'m an audio engineer at a studio where we right and produce music for tv and radio commercials.  i\'ve also been doing a little bit of writing as of late.

for those who need further explanation, i sit in this setting.....

.....and take shit from clients.

:lol:  Looks familiar.....   ;)

Overexjoesure

• Jai Guru Deva Om
What do you do for work?
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 07:23:41 pm »
Jim Cobb.. I am envious of your job...

davepeck

• Administrator
What do you do for work?
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 07:43:14 pm »
al z will love this thread for his \'everything about everybody\' knowledgebase!

me?

this:

soon to be (training this week) this:

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
What do you do for work?
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 08:37:46 pm »
Nothing too exciting. I work for a small ISp and do tech support over the phone.

But at night I am a superhero. I do nightly patrols destroying my enemys and com\\nsuming as much beer as possible
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19