Author Topic: Has anyone here seen Nirvana ??  (Read 2905 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
Has anyone here seen Nirvana ??
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 07:41:21 pm »
Quote from: krispy;265335
I grew up first in Marysville (forty minutes north of the city) and as a young teen moved to Seattle.  About 3200 miles from MA.

It was an awesome time to live in Seattle.  It seems cliche but I correlate it to living in SF in the sixties.  It was just perfect.  The music, culture, people, art...  Everything clicked.  Coffee shops that were also art galleries that hosted concerts at night.  Everything was all ages.  The drugs were cheap.

Watching Nirvana play Moby Dick for the fist time (after a killer Ned\'s Atomic Dustbin opener) was the first time in my life that I said to myself "you are witnessing something special".  I knew immediately that these guys were gonna make it and simultaneously wanted it to happen for them and desperately wanted it to fail so we could keep it all to ourselves.  I would regularly skip school or leave early to find someone to drive to bum-fuck nowhere for house parties.  Get high as a kite and watch my favorite bands.  

We went to tons of beach parties in South Seattle (then and still now an uglier, grittier, industrialized area, where we could have beach parties without being shut down by the cops.  Kegs, generator, halogen work lights...  Instant concert.  two bucks for a cup.  four or five hours of music, wake up on a rocky beach.  Good times.

Thanks for asking btw.  I\'m having a hell of a good time thinking about all this.  It\'s been long while since I\'ve gone on a Kurt bender! Giving Bleach a third spin on the turntable right now...  Oh yeah, in all it\'s sub pop, first pressing, vinyl glory!

holy shit keep them coming !!!  and jesus christ tuna :)

do you know how many shows you have seen krisp because it sounds like a really god damned blessed amount
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:41:21 pm by bezerker »
*Gia*

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 09:02:50 pm »
40ish...  I didn\'t count.  It was just what we did.

Quote from: weekapaug19;265337
my bad

see any mookie blaylock or green river shows? early PJ?  If so, I\'m very jealous

saw tons of bands.  That is all I did.  Mudhoney, Mother Lovebone, Ned\'s Atomic Dustbin, Sreaming Trees, melvins, Queensryche, Alice in Chains, Pear Jam (mookie blaylock), Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Posies, Sky Cries Mary. etc...  That was all we did.  5 dollar shows with five plus bands... Half hour.  sets Beach parties and house parties that play till they get shut down or the band passes out...  young, dumb, high, rage...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 11:46:28 pm by krispy »

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 11:26:02 pm »
Quote from: leith;265302
4 or 5 times. Best one was at Iguana\'s in TJ. Talk about no rules at ALL!!
That band was something to behold live. Kurt had an aura that just pulled you in and the music was perfect for that time in my life.

oh course you have leith.  thats awesome !

Quote from: jking;265311
no, but i knew dave grohl through his mom, who was my ap english teacher, before (and after) he joined them. i\'ve had dinner with crist, dave and ms. grohl twice, too. never did meet kurt, though.

interesting.  any good conversations ?
*Gia*

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 11:42:40 pm »
I would have loved to have seen a show in TJ!

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 02:37:59 pm »
Quote from: krispy;265363
I would have loved to have seen a show in TJ!

Dude Iguanas was the shit. For 2-3 years it was a mecca of kick ass jams and getting torn the fuck up. It was FUCKING MEXICO!! Saw so many bands there.
I totally fell into it getting stationed here. Every show I saw there I broke the law since TJ was on the USN off limits list.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.