Author Topic: What is the cheapest internet ?  (Read 1283 times)

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
What is the cheapest internet ?
« on: May 18, 2009, 10:48:55 am »
I have comcast and pay $70 a month for it and feel like im getting extremely fucked.  i dont really even know any other internet companies or whatever and was wondering if anyone here knows of a cheaper connection than comcast.  i have really have no idea where to begin to start looking.  thanks in advance
*Gia*

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 10:53:32 am »
Quote from: bezerker;230865
I have comcast and pay $70 a month for it and feel like im getting extremely fucked.  i dont really even know any other internet companies or whatever and was wondering if anyone here knows of a cheaper connection than comcast.  i have really have no idea where to begin to start looking.  thanks in advance

It is going to depend on what your needs are.

What do you currently get with Comcast for $70.00 ?

Does that include your TV as well ?
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:54:27 am »
no just high speed wireless internet
*Gia*

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:55:21 am »
Take a look at SBC or ATT.  Vonage is another company too.  It seems like so many of the cable companies are now linking all of their media together phone, internet and blah all into one service.  I know there\'s alot of little smaller companies too NetZero but I think thats just dial-up...  Hope that helps a bit at least to get started.
Where to next?

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 11:34:33 am »
Dude I pay $50 for Comcast internets.. and thats fuckin taxed as far as I\'m concerned. I just turned off the phone and TV.

Tell them you are gonna switch to Verizon DSL or Fios and they might give you a deal. I always threaten to switch when they try raising my price.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:48:08 am »
thing is i think im moving at the end of the month and want to get a cheaper connection than 70 a month if i can.  maybe just do that stupid tv phone package bullshit.  rather just have the net tho but its a rip off at 2.50 a day i think
*Gia*

phirehead

• dodging ser crazy
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 12:08:22 pm »
When I lived alone, I paid ~$40 for internet with nothing else attached. That was with Cox Communications-they don\'t offer that where I live now but I think we pay cable and internet together for a total of ~$100-120.
It\'s worth doing a little research and I\'m sure you could find a lower price than $70, Gabo.

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 12:14:18 pm »
you could just go to your public library and it would be free.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 12:19:54 pm »
^^
hahaha I\'m sure the Sunapee public library system really appreciates that suggestion :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 12:38:30 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;230882
you could just go to your public library and it would be free.

Depending on what he wants to check out, sure!
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 01:12:25 pm »
um, sir, could you please stay off of "those" sites...

rotfl
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 01:17:39 pm »
Do u have a laptop ?

Are you usually mobile ?

Are you a gamer ? Do you download tons of music etc ?

You could always get a 3G card from one of the carriers.

They have plans under $70.00 / month you basically would have high speed internet comparable to DSL wherever you can get a signal. (3G is pretty good coverage up and down the 95 corridor)

If all u use the internet is for e-mail, posting on .info etc then I would say drop your cable and just get a nice phone that can do e-mail / internet / text etc. Like a Blackberry or something like that.

But the savings is found in how you use the internet.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 01:50:06 pm »
The cheapest Internet is the wireless that your neighbor pays for.

But failing that, those wireless cards are pretty good. You can probably talk the salesman into giving you a 30-day trial run to make sure that you get a decent signal around your house/work/etc. Then even if you don\'t buy one, you got a free month of Internet out of the deal.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 01:59:15 pm »
ya i have a macbook pro and everything you guys said made aboslutely no sense to me.  which is the best carrier ?
*Gia*

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 02:18:07 pm »
i believe netzero is the cheapest, $9.99/mo. dialup.
DS Newbers