Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY XBOX 360 Hype Thread  (Read 3175 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
The ONE and ONLY XBOX 360 Hype Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 02:56:22 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
X-Box, IMHO, is the better of the two. I have always been a Playstation kind-of-guy but, I knew that microsoft has the potential to be the best. Partly because Bill Gates owns microsoft and the endless supply of money that comes with it. Also, because they build software and have worked with computers. X-Box, to me, is more of a computer without a moniter. I think in the long run X-Box will prevail, because eventually, they will have everyone making games for them because the money is better.

Actually Bill Gates is a money hungry whore and cheap on top of that. There are quite a few developers who have refused to accept what Gates is willing to pay to develop XBOX games. Yeah it is more of a computer than the PS but the nxt gen will tell if Gates has a team that can stay on top. Remember XBox is still 2nd to PS in terms of units sold and profit margin.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 03:49:51 pm »
You are right about Gates. I know he is a money hungry cheap whore but I thought that he had hired a few developers (that he bought from other top game developers) who were supposedly going to develop games that would top the market. Like I said, I have always been one for the PS2, I just think in the long run, X-Box will eventually top them.

I learn something new each day.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 03:52:21 pm »
Quote from: Spacey
You are right about Gates. I know he is a money hungry cheap whore but I thought that he had hired a few developers (that he bought from other top game developers) who were supposedly going to develop games that would top the market. Like I said, I have always been one for the PS2, I just think in the long run, X-Box will eventually top them.

I learn something new each day.

Yeah well once Gates called the governments bluff w/ the whole antitrust settlement,you gotta figure he cannot be stopped by some company outta Japan huh?
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2005, 03:56:43 pm »
If you can beat the government in an antitrust suit, then I wouldn\'t worry too much about the Japs. However, they have been in the game longer and have more experience with the whole situation. I would be more worried, as a game developer, that Gates doesn\'t buy the company just to make games.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.