Author Topic: (Disco) Biscuits for Breakfast(.info)  (Read 41155 times)

Tweety_Gal

• Psycho purple canary!
    • http://www.myspace.com/tweety42
(Disco) Biscuits for Breakfast(.info)
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2010, 09:19:46 pm »
We\'ll be at The Egg, and Brooklyn, and Philly!!! The Egg is sold out, so is Brooklyn.
If the thunder don\'t get you then the lightning will!

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2010, 04:19:43 pm »
in case you didn\'t see it in the legal dl thread:

the disco biscuits - planet anthem

http://www.mediafire.com/?tngmmzezz1h
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2010, 04:45:02 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;254260
in case you didn\'t see it in the legal dl thread:

the disco biscuits - planet anthem

http://www.mediafire.com/?tngmmzezz1h

thanks, but i got my signed copy in the mail yesterday :). not really too thrilled with the album. i knew most of the songs and liked most of the ones i knew, but it\'s not very cohesive. i feel like the exclusion of \'fish out of water,\' \'big wrecking ball,\' and the \'the city\' would have helped the album flow a lot more. and i really like \'fish out of water\'...just has no business being on the same cd as most of the other songs. same with \'big wrecking ball.\' \'the city\' is way overproduced and it\'s a shitty song to begin with. however, \'uberglue\' was a big surprise and might be my favorite song on the album. both \'rain song\' and \'quad d\' fit the album nicely and are decent songs in their own right. it will be interesting to see if/how they incorporate female vocals into the live show.  so it\'s frustrating that after 7 years of production they could have added a lot by subtraction. it\'s definitely not as good as TMTP (and i can\'t imagine it ever will be), but there is enough good music on the album for it to grow on me
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2010, 04:51:11 pm »
anybody got a pair of extras to the egg?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2010, 09:06:31 pm »
streaming live right now!!1

http://cdn.livestream.com/grid/LSPlayer.swf?channel=discobiscuits&autoPlay=false">http://cdn.livestream.com/grid/LSPlayer.swf?channel=discobiscuits&autoPlay=false" width="560" height="340" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
Watch http://www.livestream.com/?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks" title="live streaming video">live streaming video from http://www.livestream.com/discobiscuits?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=footerlinks" title="Watch discobiscuits at livestream.com">discobiscuits at livestream.com

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #260 on: March 17, 2010, 12:44:30 am »
thanks zuke!!
♥♫∞

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2010, 08:36:02 am »
^gah!  I totally forgot about the livestream show by the time I got home!   how was it?

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2010, 08:38:32 am »
Quote from: ulee;254296
^gah!  I totally forgot about the livestream show by the time I got home!   how was it?

according to PT, it was "the worst show ever." i only listened to about 10 minutes because i had to watch LOST. it def started off pretty cool with nughuffer

NickNels

• \"That\'s a Deeeewwwww!\"
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2010, 08:45:15 am »
Quote from: zuke583;254297
Quote from: ulee;254296

according to PT, it was "the worst show ever." i only listened to about 10 minutes because i had to watch LOST. it def started off pretty cool with nughuffer

I didn\'t listen to all of it, but heard a pretty good chunk.  It was certainly not the most cohesive show and lacked a lot of flow with all the new songs and banter between songs.  That being said, there were definitely some cool jams and they took some of the new songs for a walk...Loose Change and Konkrete immediately come to mind.

People on PT hate on the best shows of the year, so it is no surprise they jumped all over this one.  It was a CD release show the night after they played an old skool biscuits show (in the same building).  It was pretty much to be expected.  I probably would have been pissed if I spent $30 to go, but I don\'t know how you can complain about a free stream
"After some fun times, Luke spacedocked Marissa."

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2010, 01:52:34 pm »
Is anyone here going to the Bisco show in Boston Friday night?

jimbojones22

• Is obsession a bad thing?
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2010, 07:41:46 pm »
ugh Philly night two was awful. After being a biscuits fan for years I finaly got the oppurtunity to see them, so me and three friends trek from mass to philly for what had to be the worst set list ever. They kept pumping out the new songs and nobody was digging it. Add to that like six guest vocalist who sucked and tons of on stage babbling, including a ton of Mighty boosh references. Great city, fun time, terrible show.

Vassillios

« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2010, 08:16:49 pm »
Quote from: jimbojones22;254407
ugh Philly night two was awful. After being a biscuits fan for years I finaly got the oppurtunity to see them, so me and three friends trek from mass to philly for what had to be the worst set list ever. They kept pumping out the new songs and nobody was digging it. Add to that like six guest vocalist who sucked and tons of on stage babbling, including a ton of Mighty boosh references. Great city, fun time, terrible show.

yeah i watched some of the rebroadcast of that live stream for their release party, and wow they sounded awful. the guest vocalists were SO BAD! Even worse than barber and brownie! Just goes to show how much the studio can affect one\'s voice.

ulee

• Psygned in
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2010, 10:16:02 am »
eeeeg, \'fish out of water\' was soooo stuck in my head last night, repeating over and over... After a couple of listens, I do like the new album.  I don\'t love it, but a lot of the songs are decent.  (I still prefer Senor Boombox, my first exposure to the Biscuits.) It\'s interesting how many radio-friendly tracks there are on Planet Anthem.    I am excited to hear some great jams coming out of these new songs!

Vassillios

« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2010, 01:34:52 pm »
i like the new album, i like how the biscuits are trying new things in the studio, and always evolving. their sound has significantly changed since encephalous crime.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
Where to next?