Author Topic: If it ain\'t Baruch, don\'t fix it 2/18/2010  (Read 4870 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
If it ain\'t Baruch, don\'t fix it 2/18/2010
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 09:59:53 am »
Hi,

this is a techie type question to save those that aren\'t that interested in this sort of thing.

And yes, this is back to the 16-bit thing so cue audience groaning :wink:
But this does go deeper. I have downloaded the flac files and run them thru Audacity so they come back out at 16/44.1. When I try to listen to the new wavs, however, there is no sound. I did check things like, is the volume on? mute? and stuff like that, and I even went so far as to burn a disc and same thing, silence. My cd player does read that there are X number of tracks etc and it appears to play normally but no sound.

This is the only show that I have come across where this occurs. I have used Audacity for something else and everything came out fine. This is a tasty little show and worth the effort!

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bonzo

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2010, 12:34:45 pm »
I was listening to this show the other night and boy it blew my mind. The whole show from start to finish is great. The Puppetry, in memory of Elizabeth reed and the Tunage Stood way out in my Opinion. I Usually Don\'t get in to vocal jams that much but this time the Tunage Vocal jam was flawless. Nice job guys wish i was there for this one sounds like a lot of fun. :biggrin:

GLuft3

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2010, 10:40:17 pm »
frolfer, if you open the 16/44 wav files, is there a normal-looking waveform?  maybe you inverted the phase on one so they cancel each other out...

Either way, you should be able to take the original files and convert them again.  Try using SoX.  http://sox.sourceforge.net/
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2010, 07:30:22 pm »
I did get this converted with Audacity. I\'m still not sure why I had problems before. Great set! Seriously deep Synergy and Puppetry! The new tunes shred!
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh