Author Topic: Previously Unrealsed Recording 10-16-10  (Read 3624 times)

frolfer

• breakfast geek
Previously Unrealsed Recording 10-16-10
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2010, 10:56:47 pm »
no worries, I\'d be happy to send you some discs if you like.
Painted wind and sound, sun and all the clouds, oohooh

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 11:16:33 pm »
if you can\'t let off a little steam on .info every once in a while, what\'s it really good for?

yeah, man, see if we can spot each other at the next one. Probably an introduction well overdue. peace!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

peaches626

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2010, 12:24:06 am »
if anybody wants to send me disks everytime a breakfast recording comes out, I\'ll accept that offer.

TIA
taints rule, gypsies drool!

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2010, 08:31:09 am »
well, we\'ll see.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2010, 10:34:57 am »
oh, I highly doubt that, Tim.  :lol:
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2010, 02:49:34 pm »
This really is a great show. Sounds like things started to get a little out of hand there at the end:chug:

Overall the sound is great. A little light on Jordan\'s keys, at least to these ears. But I understand that the sbd mix might not be tailored for someone listening at home. The sound guy has to make it sound good to him or her, in that room, at that time. With a little sweetening this recording would be just about right!

Hearing all the intricacies via the sbd makes me wish that every show was recorded at the board and sold. But we all want that, right?

I really like the keys before the power outtage, cool little riffing going on there. The Synergy jam has some different twists, courtesy of Tim, the mix really favors him at this point. Which is not a bad thing, but the keys get lost.

Thanks again for sharing.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2010, 04:57:42 pm »
Soundboards have their upsides, which you mentioned.

However I\'ll take a *good* AUD over the average SBD any day. There is something to be said for the tone of instruments coming through the amps and PA compared to straight from the board.

Not every venue lends itself to that kind of really good AUD recording though. Noisy rooms, rooms with weird geometry, rooms with no convenient good location to stick the recorder/mics...

Sullys and Red Square are examples of fantastic places to get a straight AUD recording... especially that little overhang like 10 feet in front of the stage at Sullys. Every venue needs one of those.

The Iron Horse, like with most things, is an example of an absolutely terrible room to try to get a straight AUD ;)

That all said... Matrix ftw

jakespetphish

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 01:05:06 am »
sad i missed this party. sounds like a good time. thanks for posting

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 11:32:20 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;263931
Quote from: TheSeeker;263926
The power outage only effected the first jam>may fly. It cut out the lights and Timmy and Dangles instruments. Or maybe it was Jordans..can\'t remember...

I also removed one small section of the show, which is just a semi long drunken, and embarrassing rant by one of my friends before the encore. It was kind of a shit show up in that place.

You removed the micropanus rant?!?! fuck i wanted to hear that shit again :lol: can you put it back in there?
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

frolfer

• breakfast geek
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2010, 02:46:50 pm »
These sets are melting my face again! Soundboard dankness :stoned:

TheSeeker

« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2010, 10:12:10 pm »
Glad you guys are enjoying the show - highlights for me are probably coma>rufus.

Sorry guys I am not adding the small dick rant back...pretty sure the band asked specifically for that track to be removed hahah

It was the best of the bfast shows I\'ve been too - granted i\'ve seen less than 20.