Author Topic: The ONE and ONLY PlayStation 3 Hype Thread  (Read 6893 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
The ONE and ONLY PlayStation 3 Hype Thread
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2005, 06:31:55 pm »
Quote from: stabmasterarson
Quote from: antbach
Quote from: davepeck
Quote from: stabmasterarson
i found it, not hard really, theres pics and all kinds of stats, breakin news if your into that, check this shit out comin 2006  

http://www.ps3land.com

OMG

make sure to wipe your screen down, Dave

i figured youd love that, imagine the possibilities

heh.. i was being sarcastic (since we\'ve kinda known about it for a while), but hey, it\'s cool.. ;)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Sorry nerds...
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2006, 11:16:15 am »
but, PlayStation fans face 6-month wait.

this does look slick...

so,

Quote from: The Times, London, in The Australian
VIDEO gamers eagerly waiting for PlayStation3, the console designed to offer a new dimension of thrills, spills and "digital reality", will have to wait even longer.
Sony admitted yesterday the electronic game had run into technical difficulties and said its launch would be put back by six months to November, raising worries about the availability of Christmas supplies.

The announcement is a serious blow to Sony, not just in its battle with Microsoft to dominate the $US25 billion ($33.9 billion) games market, but also potentially in the knife-edge race to launch the next generation of DVD entertainment.

Although the delay was announced after the Tokyo market closed, a leak ensured Sony shares fell by 1.8 per cent as the rest of the sector rose.

The company tried to make amends with an ambitious promise that the PS3 would be launched globally in November rather than the planned regional roll-out that would have seen the first consoles on sale in Japan next month.

But it is a risky decision, given the technical complexities of assembling a state-of-the-art game. Microsoft, maker of the Xbox360, struggled last year with its own global launch, and only a handful of its consoles were available before Christmas.

Advertisement:
Sony\'s main difficulties have been in getting the game\'s components to "talk" to each other. The key issue is thought to be problems with manufacturing the PS3\'s Blu-ray Disc player, the high-definition Sony-designed successor to DVDs - and this could represent a near-fatal setback for the technology.

Blu-ray is on the brink of a global war with Toshiba\'s rival high-definition technology, known as HD-DVD. The PS3 was being touted as the "stealth" route by which Blu-ray would establish itself in living rooms worldwide as the medium of choice for watching movies.

The Blu-ray and HD-DVD war has split Hollywood studios, but there are signs that Blu-ray\'s complexity is holding it back. "The six-month delay could be the critical window Toshiba needs to make HD-DVD the default technology," Japanese stockbroker Nomura said.

Sony had denied rumours of a launch delay until the last moment, leading the stock market and video games market to expect the machine to hit stores in Japan next month.

The worry now is that by launching late Sony has handed a full year\'s start to the Xbox 360 and a few months\' advantage to Nintendo\'s Revolution.

The PlayStation2 is still the dominant "second-generation" console, with 70 per cent of the market, but industry experts believe the popularity of sports simulations and film tie-ins may favour Microsoft in the "third-generation" showdown.

Link

Might just have the money in 6 months to get a gaming system again.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2006, 12:22:36 pm »
I heard it\'s launching for about $1000 SRP

Is that a new pic spacey the one I saw was totally different
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2006, 12:26:12 pm »
I think that one might have been a mock or concept PS3.

Is this the one you saw?

Also, for more pics check out this page.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2006, 12:27:55 pm »
yeah that\'s a pretty horrible concept render.. thank god it looks nothing like that..

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2006, 12:30:32 pm »
yeah I saw the silver one, looks much better

wait the back one  is the concept model? right?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006, 12:31:30 pm by Me! »
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2006, 12:35:45 pm »
I believe it was a mock or concept model and it probably was introduced before the actual PS3 model was released to the public.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2006, 12:36:39 pm »
Quote from: Me!
yeah I saw the silver one, looks much better

wait the back one  is the concept model? right?

silver = official.

black spaceship looking thing = horrible render done by someone with an internet.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2006, 12:36:47 pm »
:thumbsup:

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2006, 12:39:32 pm »
This PS3 model looks really good. Very modern. Even the controllers look good. I\'ve always been a PS person and I think I might just break the streak of no video games this year.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2006, 12:42:07 pm »
Who Cares?
The PS2 still has @ least 5 years of support from 3rd party developers and Sony itself.
The PS3 is exactly like the Xbox 360 @ this point nothing more than prettier graphics.

In 2-3 years (unless something is released so mind blowing I have to buy the PS3 before hand) is when I am planning on getting a PS3.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Me!

• life got in the way
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 12:48:39 pm »
Quote from: leith

In 2-3 years (unless something is released so mind blowing I have to buy the PS3 before hand) is when I am planning on getting a PS3.

:that: I woek on the poor man\'s budget, used used used,  esp if they\'re starting at $1000 I\'ll wait till they go down to around $200

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 12:49:33 pm »
<<< cares

brings a glimpse of light into my hopeless day

I have not owned a game console in over 3 years and I think Sony might have just convinced me to get back into it.

Nice merge.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006, 12:51:06 pm »
The PS3 is exactly like the Xbox 360 @ this point nothing more than prettier graphics.

not really. we\'re not just talking about next generation video games here, but a next generation video format as well. ps3 = blu-ray. 360 = hd-dvd (via add-on drive coming). hell, i\'d like to think my 1500+ dvd collection will last forever, but the fact of the matter is, there are new formats on the horizon, which the next-gen game systems happen to support.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2006, 01:00:10 pm »
Quote from: davepeck

not really. we\'re not just talking about next generation video games here, but a next generation video format as well. ps3 = blu-ray. 360 = hd-dvd (via add-on drive coming). hell, i\'d like to think my 1500+ dvd collection will last forever, but the fact of the matter is, there are new formats on the horizon, which the next-gen game systems happen to support.

Yeah but just how many blu ray movies are out and is it a medium that is going to explode @ the rate of the dvd ? Is it worth the upgrade for the price just for that and having the games just a little prettier?

I think not. I will wait until I see a decline in game quality and not an increase in games still being made for the PS2. When I see games like Shadow of the Colossus and Black I forget a PS3 is even on the way.

As a matter of fact I saw a commercial for the Xbox 360(very rare these days which i find weird) and thought to myself oh yeah there is a new Xbox.

So all the hype is lost on this gamer happy w/ his dvd, kickass game playin\' PS2 for the forseeable future.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.