Author Topic: Break me out of LA, this place blows  (Read 1710 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Break me out of LA, this place blows
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2006, 05:04:32 pm »
Quote from: FreeSpirit
I\'d rather be in Amsterdam ;)

:that:
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Soulicious467

• jonnyonthesquat
Break me out of LA, this place blows
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2006, 06:59:04 pm »
Quote from: Marcial
Quote from: Soulicious467
Quote from: Marcial
sorry guys, but as a southerner who moved to New England, I can\'t possibly imagine how LA could be worse than Mass...

New England was most definitely NOT the place for me.

Hey Marcial, you seem very confused. You should just go home if you don\'t like this town..........

I did, guy!  Note my location.

Don\'t get me wrong, I had fun while I lived there & made some great friends... still come to visit at least once a year.

I couldn\'t take the weather, the grimey industrialized CT coast, the fact that everything was dirty, and OLD (some like to call this "character" or "quaintness", but I call it old... give me a new apartment with central heat & air, good water pressure and good insulation over a drafty, radiator ridden, no water pressure, 75 year old house that has been divided into 5 apartments anyday).  Also, for the most part, people from the Northeast are about as far removed from "southern hospitality" as is possible.

It all boils down to what you are used to... take a redneck from Alabama and put them in Northeastern city... no good.  Take a liberal Masshole & drop them somewhere in the bible belt... also no good.

Hey man, I was just joking about that go home comment. You\'re right about what you say here........but ya know, although I am a liberal jerk-off from Massachusetts, i didn\'t find the South all that unpleasant when I was there. I did notice a little bit of hostility about being a Yankee from quite a few folks when I vacationed with my parents when I was a kid, but nobody gave me a hard time when I was visting my boy and hanging with all his friends. With that said, I think the Southern Hospitality thing should come with an asterisk, noting that "Southern Hospitality" generally only applies to white southerners.  I was a little shocked at the level of racism that still exists in ole\' Dixie (or at least in Charleston, I suppose it could be different in other places??) so, uh, rock out with your cock.....floppin\'
“I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain.”   - Mike Tyson