Author Topic: Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Collector\'s Edition DVD  (Read 1579 times)

davepeck

• Administrator
Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Collector\'s Edition DVD
« on: September 12, 2005, 07:29:30 am »
wow. i may hate the team, but this is freakin\' badass.

12 Discs!

For Red Sox Nation, this boxed set may be a book out of their own personal bible: the tale of their deliverance from decades of wandering through baseball\'s metaphorical desert. Forget the Pharaohs--the curse of the Bambino had been enough to keep Red Sox fans dying of thirst while their nemeses, the New York Yankees, seemed to waltz right into the Promised Land again and again. And then, finally, after 86 years, the Red Sox are champions, and here\'s their chronicle: The Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Collector\'s Edition DVD boxed set, the first collection of complete, unedited MLB games on DVD.

For the devoted fan, this is your holy grail: all seven games of the incredible American League Championship Series against the Yankees, and the four World Series games against the St. Louis Cardinals. The material is fresh out of the broadcast booth: it\'s pure footage of the full games, unedited, and complete (minus the commercials), so you don\'t miss a single pitch. Forget the endless narratives and annoying camera cuts of the average sports highlight DVD; this is nothing but the games.

MLB wisely configured the discs so you can navigate by the half-inning, moving straight to your favorite highlights without sacrificing anything from the game. Watch only the at-bats you want and set up your own personal highlight reel out of the moments you choose. Going one better than TiVO, the boxed set also includes a generously packed bonus disc, featuring the 2004 World Series Film, narrated by Denis Leary, as well as 13 other extra features including footage of the post-victory celebrations and the 2005 Ring & Banner Ceremony. Even the packaging is custom-made for fans, featuring "SleeveStats" that contain complete inning-by-inning line scores, detailed box scores, team trivia, and much more at a glance on the DVD cover. It\'s like a baseball card on steroids. For baseball fans, this is the complete package and then some. --Dan Vancini

# Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)
# 35 hours on 12 DVDs
# Unedited original broadcasts of all seven ALCS games against the New York Yankees and all four World Series games against the St. Louis Cardinals
# The 2004 World Series film
# Schilling speaks with fans
# Celebrity fans on the big win
# Arroyo: pitcher by day, musician by night
# ALCS game 7 post-game celebration
# ALCS game 4: Millar makes a prediction
# Francona takes over
# Best of Ortiz wireless
# ALCS game 1: Timlin and Embree wireless
# Millar speaks with Dan Shaughnessy
# Damon shaves beard!
# Red Sox visit the White House
# World Series locker room celebration
# 2005 ring and banner ceremony
# Inning selection
# Number of discs: 12

the DVD collector and baseball fan in me really wants this, but the Yankee fan in me says it\'s wrong wrong wrong... hmm...

Wolfman

• Dam that DJ made my day!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 08:09:34 am »
I think this is a must-have for any true Yankees fan.  You get 7 of the most important games in Yankee franchise history, and heck, 3 of them are great Yankee victories!  When you\'re raising Yankee kids, they\'re gonna find out about 2004 pretty quickly, so you might as well be able to show them.  Plus you\'ll have plenty of video of Yankee greats Jeter, Posada, A-Rod, Bernie, Rivera, Mussina, Matsui, and the rest of the gang.  Plus I heard there\'s a secret track at the end of the Game 7 disc.  It\'s "Aaron Boone: A Career Retrospective."

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 09:06:29 am »
That\'s the first time they\'ve done releases of complete games?
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 09:11:52 am »
sure is..

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 09:15:10 am »
dave you should buy it and become a red sox fan.  $75 is pretty outrageous to spend on movies, but if it\'s boston, it\'s worth it. I bet you next year\'s red sox world series documentary will be even more action packed and hardcore.
*Gia*