Author Topic: Baja Bash was fun but I was left hungry w/ no Breakfast.  (Read 553 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Baja Bash was fun but I was left hungry w/ no Breakfast.
« on: September 25, 2005, 06:12:21 pm »
So Baja Bash was a blast down in beautiful Salsipuedes Baja Mexico. Highlights for me were Delta Nove, Al Howard and the K23 Orchestra, Jerry Joseph and The Jackmormons and Ripplegroove. Delta Nove is an awesome band and needs to be heard by anyone that just likes to get down and dance! Al had some new songs and it was one of their best sets I have ever heard. Jerry Joseph... This guy flat out ROCKS!!! One of the best storytellers in concert you will ever hear and his songs are straight rock that just builds and builds. I highly recommend this band. No comparisons are needed this band is good!! If you think you have not heard this guy\'s songs you would probably be wrong as he is covered in the jamscene(WSP, Ben Harper..). You find out something new daily for sure.
Ripplegroove the best 3 piece(G,D,K) you all will probably never see. I will get the recording of their set up somehow as they are just soo ripping.
 Once again I was the fest LD and though I had no movers I had one heck of a time. I blasted last year\'s Breakfast set a few times through the weekend and everytime had people dancin\'. Next year may be a return to La Jolla Indian Res. if so I already know we are prepared to do what we need to serve Breakfast to the masses so be prepared to journey out west. Next fest Vegoose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah I also saw that Phish tribute Phix. Fun time but man they made me realize just how insanely awesome Phish were as song writers and def. made me miss Phish like I haven\'t in a looooooooooong time. If Phish is not going to play, Phix is fine but I am now in favor of The Breakfast busting a few Phish covers damn what happens from it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 06:22:41 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.