Author Topic: New Lineup  (Read 54546 times)

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
New Lineup
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2008, 06:16:18 pm »
What makes you think changing the name to ________ will suddenly make a difference? They might not have much name recognition but if they changed to some thing totally different they would have zero name recognition (except tacking on the "formerly the breakfast") For the record, I\'m not a big fan of the name but it is what it is and I think a lot of people in the scene know the name.
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

Drew_Kingsley

• Your busted
    • http://www.goleopards.com
New Lineup
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2008, 06:24:07 pm »
Not to mention that they have finally started to carry decent merch.
Go see your Breakfast, there are starving Leiths in California

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
New Lineup
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2008, 06:27:06 pm »
Quote from: Drew_Kingsley;204963
Not to mention that they have finally started to carry decent merch.

you mean we\'re not making braqfast hats?
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
New Lineup
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2008, 07:22:59 pm »
the idea of a name change is interesting. but where could we possibly find a huge list of band names?
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
New Lineup
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2008, 07:28:41 pm »
Quote from: Gfunk;204962
What makes you think changing the name to ________ will suddenly make a difference? They might not have much name recognition but if they changed to some thing totally different they would have zero name recognition (except tacking on the "formerly the breakfast") For the record, I\'m not a big fan of the name but it is what it is and I think a lot of people in the scene know the name.

I wasn\'t necessarily advocating the name change just pointing out the other side of the argument.

I guess the gamble would be this. Does the name recognition that they have now help or hurt ? And what I mean by that is this. Being The Breakfast as long as they have has produced X number of fans, but also X number of people who would not go to see them again. If the members of the band started a new project under a new name, X number of old fans would continue but there would be no X number of people who would not go see them because they haven\'t seen the project before. Now I will admit that it is a gamble, and there is always the potential people would dismiss the project anyway.

Life is a gamble and no one ever got rich by playing it safe. There is a lot of risk involved. Think of the great musicians of old. There were many guys who went from failed band to failed band until they finally hit on a project that blew up.

Again I am really just pointing out the other argument. I am not advocating 1 way or other.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

galenas

• Global Moderator
New Lineup
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2008, 08:35:19 pm »
here\'s some choice quotes from the raq board...

I for one have not been this excited since the return of Phish in 2002 and I\'ve never even seen or heard The Breakfast.

regardless, i am pumped for this!!!!!!!!!!!!

and so are breakfast fans!! check out their board, they even photo shopped stoops\'s face onto a band promo shot!! how cute!!

Ha, breakfast fans are photoshop noobs

Ha, the Breakfast fan base just doubled in size!!

Best news on this board for a year. Now where is Milford, CT???

Off to mapquest!!

Funny that the \'official announcement\' has still not come and ANOTHER band, the Breakfast, has made an official announcement that includes RAQ. Funny

I guess Timmy P does own Michetti

Rebirth feels sooooo nice!!

I like Honey more than Sweet Cream

Sweet, so Stoops is gonna rip with the Psychedelic Breakfast? Sounds like a good fit for a Psychedelic Warrior!!

Whew. I\'m not gonna lie. this makes me happier than a pig in shit. I would just like to formally say that I called it...

God damn I love ripping rock and roll, and the breakfast can deliver. the only thing that makes them better is Stoops! this is gonna be great.

yo wassup, my name is Alexi from Breakfast land. I was over here to see what all you guys were saying about this..
we are fucking stoked. Stoops is the man and everytime there has been a Bfast/RAQ collaboration it has been redic.
I guess none of you guys know what the deal with the RAQ breakup is either, but I assure you: if you guys get your asses to any of the Freakout shows (10/30,10/31,11/1) you will be blown away.
If you really wanna hear some great BFast shit, check them out on the archive.org.
i recommend 4/18/08, (the Hard LuckHarry is legendary. also listen to Gladys Pimp and Wake Up Ina Coma> Overexposure from that show) bu every show on there is pretty much solid.
the breakfast just got a new bass player in January and I am SURE that if any of you guys check the bfast out you will agree: with todd stoops they are OFFICIALLY the 4 best musicians on their instruments in the scene right now. take advantage of these inexpensive shows, because if Stoops sticks, they are gonna blow up.

and if any of that seemed overly opinionated, sorry, i\'m just excited.
peaceand chicken grease.
Lex

Ive never seen the Breakfast before but Ive always wanted to. With st00ps, even more. But aren\'t they another band that should be a helluve a lot bigger then they are???? Seems like they suffer some of the same problems as raQ

Ok... you get the point...

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
New Lineup
« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2008, 08:51:30 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;204970
the idea of a name change is interesting. but where could we possibly find a huge list of band names?

best post of the thread. rotfl
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
New Lineup
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2008, 09:59:35 pm »
Quote from: KEN RAFLOWITZ;204980
LET\'S KEEP THIS WILD AND CRAZY MUSIC GOING
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

krispy

• I\'m a negative creep
New Lineup
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2008, 11:25:31 pm »
Quote from: galenas;204976
here\'s some choice quotes from the raq board...

I for one have not been this excited since the return of Phish in 2002 and I\'ve never even seen or heard The Breakfast.

regardless, i am pumped for this!!!!!!!!!!!!

and so are breakfast fans!! check out their board, they even photo shopped stoops\'s face onto a band promo shot!! how cute!!

Ha, breakfast fans are photoshop noobs

Ha, the Breakfast fan base just doubled in size!!

Best news on this board for a year. Now where is Milford, CT???

Off to mapquest!!

Funny that the \'official announcement\' has still not come and ANOTHER band, the Breakfast, has made an official announcement that includes RAQ. Funny

I guess Timmy P does own Michetti

Rebirth feels sooooo nice!!

I like Honey more than Sweet Cream

Sweet, so Stoops is gonna rip with the Psychedelic Breakfast? Sounds like a good fit for a Psychedelic Warrior!!

Whew. I\'m not gonna lie. this makes me happier than a pig in shit. I would just like to formally say that I called it...

God damn I love ripping rock and roll, and the breakfast can deliver. the only thing that makes them better is Stoops! this is gonna be great.

yo wassup, my name is Alexi from Breakfast land. I was over here to see what all you guys were saying about this..
we are fucking stoked. Stoops is the man and everytime there has been a Bfast/RAQ collaboration it has been redic.
I guess none of you guys know what the deal with the RAQ breakup is either, but I assure you: if you guys get your asses to any of the Freakout shows (10/30,10/31,11/1) you will be blown away.
If you really wanna hear some great BFast shit, check them out on the archive.org.
i recommend 4/18/08, (the Hard LuckHarry is legendary. also listen to Gladys Pimp and Wake Up Ina Coma> Overexposure from that show) bu every show on there is pretty much solid.
the breakfast just got a new bass player in January and I am SURE that if any of you guys check the bfast out you will agree: with todd stoops they are OFFICIALLY the 4 best musicians on their instruments in the scene right now. take advantage of these inexpensive shows, because if Stoops sticks, they are gonna blow up.

and if any of that seemed overly opinionated, sorry, i\'m just excited.
peaceand chicken grease.
Lex

Ive never seen the Breakfast before but Ive always wanted to. With st00ps, even more. But aren\'t they another band that should be a helluve a lot bigger then they are???? Seems like they suffer some of the same problems as raQ

Ok... you get the point...

proud to call that one my own...  The day that Raq said they were taking a break I had posted that it was too bad Jordan was replaced so fast (sorry Matt! I just liked it better before, so sue me...).  I have always felt Stoops would be a good fit with Tpalms.  The Breakfast and Raq have been my two fav bands for a long time now and if I can\'t have them both this is the next best thing.

Me!

• life got in the way
    • http://www.myspace.com/ekkatin
New Lineup
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2008, 11:26:46 pm »
another name change would be a HORRIBLE idea.
Everywhere there\'s lots of piggies, Living piggy lives. You can see them out for dinner With their piggy wives, Clutching forks and knives To eat their bacon

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
New Lineup
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2008, 10:08:33 am »
2 guitar players + change of band name = deal breaker
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

ds673488

• Fair Weather Fan
New Lineup
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2008, 11:57:34 am »
lex\'s quote on the board is classic.  this is an awesome time in the world of breakfast/raq, but mostly breakfast.  

oh yeah, and def buy early tickets for noho...i have friends from albany who havent listened to TB is 4+ years and now that they heard stoops in joining for that run they are 100% all going to the show.  its gonna be insane.
my costume is funny too.  i dont know if i can top fluffhead though.
DS Newbers

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
New Lineup
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2008, 12:32:58 pm »
Quote from: ds673488;205043
my costume is funny too.  i dont know if i can top fluffhead though.

You\'re by far your biggest fan of the Fluffhead costume.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

davepeck

• Administrator
New Lineup
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2008, 12:36:12 pm »
:lol: TBC!

bryank

• South Dakota represent!
    • http://www.angelfire.com/sd2/pbrband
New Lineup
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2008, 12:36:21 pm »
Thanks for the past year Matt....your influence was nice but it will be interesting to see where "the sound" goes from here.  I\'m glad that you will be playing the Aberdeen show on Oct 21.  I havent had a chance to see you with the band and I guess this will be the last chance that I have....I\'m sure it will be a good time.  The people in Aberdeen have no idea what they\'re in for.

Have a good trip guys and see you soon!