Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-09-11 - Backwoods Pondfest; Peru, NY  (Read 3400 times)

galenas

• Global Moderator
Setlist: 2009-09-11 - Backwoods Pondfest; Peru, NY
« on: September 12, 2009, 04:43:45 pm »
Jam > Sundance, Phaddy Boom Baddy, Frankly Po Zest > Tribal Funk Affliction > Frankly Po Zest > Tribal Funk Affliction, Tunage

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 04:46:02 pm »
Fear not, folks. Tim said it was taped. (Thank God!) He also said they played to a good crowd and "it\'s all fucking good!" :D

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 04:48:16 pm »
holy shit

wiredchicken

• teamCosmicSpacewayRhyme
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 04:55:58 pm »
looks sweet

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 04:55:59 pm »
it looks all fucking good to me too.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 04:04:37 am »
Looks like a delicious Frankly Po Tribal sandwich.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 03:03:02 pm »
whoah!
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 04:14:40 pm »
This fest was amazing, and although seemingly a lesser turnout than last year, lots of vibes were being thrown around during their set! The Breakfast played close to an hour and 50 minute set, I think. Sooary chip, no encore, but it was nearly 3:00 am when all was finished up. The camping was fantastic, everyone smelled quite dank, and lots of fireworks popped up throughout the nights.

Tunage funk out was, I swear, a jamout for frieddie wah... The double decker music sandwich rocked, and the band setlist "formula" proved exceptionally face-melting. No sleep and it didn\'t matter. The entire two evenings were magical, save a few random acts of nonsense.

Fire spinning and fire-breathing on the second night was great. Twiddle and Lucid were the faves of night #2--- I did not care for Ryan Montbleau. Overall, it was well worth the current complete and utter exhaustion, for the sake of music and camp outs.
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

cannontrip

• breakfast greek
  • ʻāwikiwiki
    • b'fastin
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 06:00:18 pm »
that set was ser right from the start; my face melted like butter on a hot skillet.
awesome speech by tim in the beginning of phaddy boom baddy.  so glad someone taped this show, i can\'t wait to hear it again.
lots of great music throughout the weekend, very nice place to camp, and cool vibes.  alot like camp barefoot.  i\'ll definitely be back next year!
♥♫∞

kartoon42

• overexposed
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 09:24:29 pm »
almost my ideal breakfast set, wish i was there
break it down, simplify

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 10:07:04 pm »
I hope we don\'t have to wait long to hear another Frankly Po Zest and Phaddy Boom Baddy!
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2009, 02:51:44 pm »
this show was straight up fire!  I only had to stop dancing to throw off these fucking douchebags who seemed to be high on ether.  Sundance....i love you and always will, Frankly po, tfa sandwich was serious, and tfa is like my favorite song.  yes awesome speech before phaddy and phaddy was a rager.  probably the best tunage i\'ve seen.  Awesome time, twiddle just keeps getting better and better, they fucking raged, def best set after breakfast.  Go see these youngins, they can get down.  Montebleau is the man, and although it wasn\'t the best set ive seen by them it was still a goody.  and i won\'t say anything about lucid except for the fact that i didn\'t have to leave in tears of laughter like i did last year.  At least they are nice guys who like to party.  Let it roll motherfucker!

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2009, 02:53:26 pm »
Twiddle kicked ass a few years ago when I caught em. Can only imagine if they\'ve gotten better. Too bad they play a shitload of Burlington area shows and not much down here.

dredmonkey

• yougotiigotyou
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2009, 03:00:57 pm »
yeah they def kicked ass a few years ago, but they are much better, and are really peaking their jams pretty pretty pretty good.  they haven\'t been playing  in b-town area that much lately i dont think, but i dont know where they have.  Oh yeah thank god breakfast was taped cuz i thought for sure they weren\'t, i cant wait to hear that again.

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 03:05:20 pm »
i haven\'t seen twiddle since they opened for the breakfast at higher ground in \'06. i\'m sure they rage now, those guys were very good for their age. catapillar is a sick composition.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside