Author Topic: agp bass player passes  (Read 873 times)

freddiewaht

• GLOBAL MODERATOR
    • http://db.etree.org/freddiewaht420
agp bass player passes
« on: November 29, 2004, 01:45:03 pm »
i read this on pt and i figured some of yaal would care..i personally met john a few times.he was always my favorite agper..we shared a vaporizer for what felt like hours backstage at webster last year.my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends....
Folks,

On Friday morning, at about 2 AM, our bass player, John Hall passed away after fighting cancer for more than a year and a half. He was surrounded on Thanksgiving by his close family and was fully conscious until almost the very end. Because of his passing, we have decided not to perform this Thursday night at the Downtown in Farmingdale, NY (you ought to go, though, because Matisyahu and the Bomb Squad are amazing).
We last visited with John on November 20th, his 25th birthday. We were thrilled to find him still full of the spirit we were blessed to experience during his life. On his last night, he died with the same calmness, bravery, dignity, and wit that had characterized him during his life.
John was a founding member of Addison Groove Project and performed with the group until his diagnosis in June of 2003. Though he was not performing with us, his presence was felt on every stage, in every city we went. He was like a brother to us and it still feels unnatural to think we\'ll never have another conversation with him.
If you have any memories, stories or comments about John, we\'d love to read them and think we\'d be comforted by them. Please email them to John@addisongroove.com (in case he\'s still checking, you never know) and at least one of us will look at them. Also, if you\'ve photographed the band and have some nice pictures of John playing or hanging out, let us know through the same address.
Donations may be made in John\'s memory to The Mockingbird Foundation, c/o The Godards, 6948 Luther Circle, Moorpark, CA 93021 or to Healthcare Dimensions Hospice, 40 Woerd Ave., Suite 102, Waltham, MA 02453, Attn: Jennifer Harding.
Take care,,
Brendan, Dave, Rob, Ben, Andrew, Aaron, Steve, and Lee
take the E to the A to the D...you\'ll be all set