Author Topic: Westcott Theater; Syracuse, NY  (Read 2386 times)

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Westcott Theater; Syracuse, NY
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 02:52:22 pm »
Quote from: ellis-d;221281
The proof is in the pudding; no state can compare with this list:
Albany
Utica
Syracuse
Ithaca
Numerous Mariahville festies
Sterling
Peru
Oneonta
Gloversville
Afton
Canton
Binghamton
Troy
Beardslee Castle
Sure im even forgetting some, but all have been host to great crowds and memorable shows. Upstate NY has been very good to this band, so show some respect

What is the master list of all the greatest doozies this side of the Mississippi?
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 03:30:14 pm »
Quote from: leith;221274
Quote from: ellis-d;221169
Yoda, if you can find a club within 20 miles of you with a stage and can guarentee a good crowd maybe the band will come, otherwise shut the fuck up. Upstate NY treats this band better than anywhere eles in the country.
-J.UPSTATE

That\'s a crock of shit!
If they fucking toured there are plenty of fucking areas that support the shit out of them just as well as upstate N.Y. if not better!

I totally agree. There is still so many areas that they haven\'t even explored.  For instance,Virginia. I think they can totally gain a fanbase down in the Arlington/DC Suburbs,etc.   Down the beach....    

They should never limit themselves.   One thing we can all agree on is that these guys are tremendously talented and should try to reach as many fans as they can.   There is a whole new generation who has no clue who they are.   And I think when they do,  they\'ll be lifelong fans like the rest of us....

bezerker

• Gaboooooooo
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 03:44:46 pm »
they\'ve played in baltimore and virginia beach multiple times
*Gia*

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 04:00:44 pm »
Quote from: bezerker;221301
they\'ve played in baltimore and virginia beach multiple times

But how long ago was that?  And have they ever really done a tour of the southeast shore?  So many college towns going down that way.   I\'m just saying  Leith and Yoda are making good points.   There are plenty of places to be checked out besides Upstate NY.

ellis-d

• Visual Enhancer
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2009, 06:23:57 pm »
The point of my argument isnt to bash or take away from other areas, its to defend upstate ny from morons who would talk shit about it. Truth of the matter is , the reason they plsy there so much is because they do well. Ask Ade about sll those sucessful tours in the southeast, oh wait they were bombs. All of you like to bitch about what the band does and doesn\'t do, instead of praiding the good decisions they make. This westcott show is a big step up for them and we have genuises lile Yoda saying screw upstate NY. Im sorry but if they had to choose between a 500 person theatre and Donegal Saloon which is a joke of a venue, i would like to think its a no brainer. I hope to god theres a national tour sooner than later, but in the meantime the guys should stick to what works, and if that means playing upstate ny and ct 50 times in the next 6 months, so be it. At least theyre still playing. Be grateful they\'re still a band, cause any other group of guys that have dealt with all the shit they have would of packed it in a long time ago
The lights from Ellis showed a mischevious sparkle
That flashed in his hollowed eye stare...

SkyePrizm

• separator
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 03:01:22 pm »
Quote from: ellis-d;221347
At least theyre still playing. Be grateful they\'re still a band, cause any other group of guys that have dealt with all the shit they have would of packed it in a long time ago

I totally agree.  No arguement there.  I just wish the best for them, no matter what decisions are made.  I want them to reach the next levels,and go as far as they can. I\'ve always thought of them as hometown boys getting it done.  And I would never say anything negative against them.   I just think someday soon in  the next year,months, they need to strike while the iron is steaming hot  and tour like crazy.  I think this is their time.

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 03:22:30 am »
Alright so what is the fuckin deal? Who is booking shows currently for these guys? Give me a small bag of herb and access to every show and i will work my ass off to book these guys at every available venue. Sure "Ser"acuse is a good 4,5 or 6 hour drive, but you know what? it\'s worth it to me. if you think for a second that any breakfast fan isnt going to go to because of  a long drive or short plane flight, your fuckin crazy. The fact of the matter is, you\'re busy, you\'re schedual doesn\'t work and you\'re pissed you\'re going to miss a great show that wasn\'t taped. we\'ll get over it. The breakfast is going to continue to "Ser peoples faces" and if they ever loose a following to support their touring, then all hope in humanity is lost. The breakfast is better then phish any day of the week, especially since Coventry. believe me i wasted a good weekend and a dodge stratus attending that mud party, and if i had not jumped the fence to get in i would have been even more disappointed. So whatever you\'re issue is just make sure you support the guys whenever you can. They don\'t expect you to hit every show.

peaches626

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 03:46:00 am »
poophead, did you give this kid your high life\'s or something?
taints rule, gypsies drool!

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2009, 03:52:11 am »
Quote from: sąikidélik;224479
Alright so what is the fuckin deal? Who is booking shows currently for these guys? Give me a small bag of herb and access to every show and i will work my ass off to book these guys at every available venue. Sure "Ser"acuse is a good 4,5 or 6 hour drive, but you know what? it\'s worth it to me. if you think for a second that any breakfast fan isnt going to go to because of  a long drive or short plane flight, your fuckin crazy. The fact of the matter is, you\'re busy, you\'re schedual doesn\'t work and you\'re pissed you\'re going to miss a great show that wasn\'t taped. we\'ll get over it. The breakfast is going to continue to "Ser peoples faces" and if they ever loose a following to support their touring, then all hope in humanity is lost. The breakfast is better then phish any day of the week, especially since Coventry. believe me i wasted a good weekend and a dodge stratus attending that mud party, and if i had not jumped the fence to get in i would have been even more disappointed. So whatever you\'re issue is just make sure you support the guys whenever you can. They don\'t expect you to hit every show.

Renewing a sense of optimism or a round-a-bout rant of a poor turnout?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 03:54:32 am by alexanderzurflu »
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 09:31:34 am »
How did this end up a separate thread.  That first post is really deceiving... That post was a response to the fact that there were a bunch of Upstate shows and none in my area... It was not a personal knock on the area...
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

sąikidélik

• whateva will dangle do ya
    • http://www.myspace.com/bolofmanutoes
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 03:49:47 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;221001
Screw upstate NY....

def deceiving.