Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 14917 times)

FrankZappa

• the Bohr to your Einstein
  • Administrator
Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2009, 06:59:51 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;246270
Quote from: leith;246265

This^ and it\'s the term decided upon by the Breakfast\'s Archivist so the debate is over.

wait.who??

i\'m afraid your logic is null and void, the notation is decided whoever keeps the setlist that night.  nicknels takes the duty of the night, i did last night.  you can eat a d.

I\'m going to disagree with this completely. There are NUMEROUS examples of shows dave was not at, but after he got the tapes he updated the setlists to the breakfast standards. For examples, look no further than "mayfly disarray" vs "ahoy!" or "space city affair" vs "jam"
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2009, 07:18:06 pm »
Paul is exactly right. I could go on forever about the whole SCA/Jam thing.

It\'s simple..... Score, Rufus, Coma = songs in between the two segments of Gladys.... Leith, you obviously don\'t understand the definition of inverted. It\'s not my definition, it\'s the one used by everybody. There can\'t be anything in between the Gladys segments for it to be inverted. End of story! Plus as I keep saying there was no Gladys ending so it can\'t be dyslexic or inverted!

Adrian\'s quote was simply describing how they wanted to play it, it wasn\'t a commentary on how he thought it should be labeled. The labeling was done by the archivist, right?

And btw I\'m not upset, I have a smile on my face and am enjoying discussing this.

We\'re just gonna have to agree to disagree.

I just don\'t get why you wouldn\'t want dyslexic in the setlists if that\'s what you felt was accurate. Does the word scare you or something? It\'s just like inverted, just a little different. Just another way of having fun with the song, instead of doing the normal A > B > C. That\'s all... no big deal. Bisco has nothing to do with reporting the setlist accurately.

What if the archivist didn\'t want inverted in the setlists? Does that mean it\'s right? Dyslexic absolutely should be used when applicable. Just because you and whoever else wants to exclude it doesn\'t mean it\'s right...

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2009, 07:40:56 pm »
Quote from: FieryBill;246291
Paul is exactly right. I could go on forever about the whole SCA/Jam thing.

It\'s simple..... Score, Rufus, Coma = songs in between the two segments of Gladys.... Leith, you obviously don\'t understand the definition of inverted. It\'s not my definition, it\'s the one used by everybody. There can\'t be anything in between the Gladys segments for it to be inverted. End of story! Plus as I keep saying there was no Gladys ending so it can\'t be dyslexic or inverted!

Adrian\'s quote was simply describing how they wanted to play it, it wasn\'t a commentary on how he thought it should be labeled. The labeling was done by the archivist, right?

And btw I\'m not upset, I have a smile on my face and am enjoying discussing this.

We\'re just gonna have to agree to disagree.

I just don\'t get why you wouldn\'t want dyslexic in the setlists if that\'s what you felt was accurate. Does the word scare you or something? It\'s just like inverted, just a little different. Just another way of having fun with the song, instead of doing the normal A > B > C. That\'s all... no big deal. Bisco has nothing to do with reporting the setlist accurately.

What if the archivist didn\'t want inverted in the setlists? Does that mean it\'s right? Dyslexic absolutely should be used when applicable. Just because you and whoever else wants to exclude it doesn\'t mean it\'s right...

No your definition of inverted is not congruent with the way Breakfast setlists are kept. I find it hilarious you would put end of story like your definition is fact when you say everybody you must be kidding because obviously Dave changed it for a reason. To be congruent with how Breakfast setlists are kept.

You are in the minority. That\'s just the way it is.

The way Adrian described it to be played was a Breakfast inversion. Whether there are songs in the middle is of no consequence in a Breakfast setlist thus dyslexic does not exist.
A Breakfast inversion is obviously different than what you think an inversion should be.

You should get with the program when on a Breakfast board or deal.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

simpletwistupdon

• Breakfast Nomad
  • Administrator
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2009, 08:18:08 pm »
Just for the record:

Dyslexic (root word: dyslexia): dys⋅lex⋅i⋅a /dɪsˈlɛksiə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [dis-lek-see-uh]
any of various reading disorders associated with impairment of the ability to interpret spatial relationships or to integrate auditory and visual information.

Inverted (root word: Invert): in⋅vert /v. ɪnˈvɜrt; adj., n. ˈɪnvɜrt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [v. in-vurt; adj., n. in-vurt]
–verb (used with object)
1.    to turn upside down.
2.    to reverse in position, order, direction, or relationship.
3.    to turn or change to the opposite or contrary, as in nature, bearing, or effect: to invert a process.
4.    to turn inward or back upon itself.
5.    to turn inside out.

...sorry, I\'ve just been sitting back reading and laughing about this whole thing. Thought this might be a funny to throw out there...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:41:34 pm by simpletwistupdon »
Where to next?

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2009, 08:18:31 pm »
who is the archivist? davepeck? if so, dyslexic would not stand. but then again, davepeck hasn\'t been around lately, so who does that make the archivist? galenas originally had dyslexic written but then it changed.. this is a real debater right here

:popcorn:
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2009, 08:36:49 pm »
wow this debate again?

move on people.

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2009, 08:37:05 pm »
Quote from: Vassillios;246296
who is the archivist? davepeck? if so, dyslexic would not stand. but then again, davepeck hasn\'t been around lately, so who does that make the archivist? galenas originally had dyslexic written but then it changed.. this is a real debater right here

hmmm... who changed it?? wasn\'t me.

leith

« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2009, 08:45:43 pm »

Uh Just because he doesn\'t post does not mean he gives up ownership of this site nor that he loses his Archivist position.

Quote from: galenas;246299

hmmm... who changed it?? wasn\'t me.

How many times do I have to repeat it. Dave did it. He IS the Breakfast\'s archivist.

I\'m done with this. The debate is over Dave changed it and that\'s that.

Reviews of the show please.

GLuft3

« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2009, 09:01:53 pm »
This is almost as fun as watching for Ken\'s posts in the "Billy, Cocaine\'s a helluva drug" thread.  :-p
Always with the negative waves, Moriarty!  Always with the negative waves!

galenas

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2009, 09:03:19 pm »
Quote from: leith;246301

How many times do I have to repeat it. Dave did it. He IS the Breakfast\'s archivist.

sorry, dude. i was away all day and obviously didn\'t read through the entire debate. (quite frankly because i don\'t care. but obviously some do. so whatever.) keep rocking, breakfast -- whether it\'s inverted, dyslexic, inside out or upside down!

inthewhitelodge

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2009, 09:29:42 pm »
Quote from: galenas;246303
Quote from: leith;246301

sorry, dude. i was away all day and obviously didn\'t read through the entire debate. (quite frankly because i don\'t care. but obviously some do. so whatever.) keep rocking, breakfast -- whether it\'s inverted, dyslexic, inside out or upside down!

LOL, my thoughts exactly! I was thinking, how about we just call it SER f\'in insanity jam and be done with it? Well, I can respect the desire for archiving setlists, especially if they aren\'t taped; however, as long as each song is played differently, can we ever *truly* describe it precisely enough?
"When I hold you, I hold everything that is-- swans, volcanoes, river rocks, maple trees drinking the fragrance of the moon, bread that the fire adores. In your life I see everything that lives."- Pablo Neruda:wave:

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2009, 09:39:01 pm »
yeah i skipped a lot of the mumbo jumbo in this thread too. sorry galenas i should have guessed another mod changed it. i don\'t give an eff what you call it anymore but i do like it when a song starts and they finish it later on in the show. very creative setlist approach.

yo im in mass area these days can\'t wait to hit up harpers ferry!
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2009, 09:46:33 pm »
I didn\'t change it either.

however, you all crack me up that this is somehow so important to you.
"i heard that after he crossed the finish line he proceeded to wrestle down and pin a full sized grizzly bear"- ds673488

"if i listened to the distance on repeat, i\'d be wearing yellow jerseys like a motherfucker" - zuke

leith

« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2009, 10:06:30 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;246309
I didn\'t change it either.

however, you all crack me up that this is somehow so important to you.

Breakfast setlists will someday be a very important historical artifact.
I just want them to be consistent for posterity.
Plus the best tr0nz is over the small shit anyway.

FrankZappa

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2009, 10:09:13 pm »
:thumbsup: