Author Topic: Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA  (Read 14921 times)

FieryBill

• People Party Coast2Coast
Setlist: 2009-11-13 - Mill Street Brews; Southbridge, MA
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2009, 04:05:10 pm »
I disagree. Both have specific definitions, and my point is that if they inverted something, they inverted something. If they did a dyslexic version, then it was dyslexic. Simple as that. We just need to tell it like it is. That Gladys was not inverted, so it hasn\'t been corrected. If the ending does not continue into the beginning, it is not inverted. The Gladys ending was not even played. Here\'s a made-up example of something dyslexic... "The Sound" for example:

Puppetry > The Sound (ending), The Sound (beginning > jam) > Puppetry

Let\'s not make this more complicated than it has to be. :)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2009, 04:25:09 pm »
Quote from: FieryBill;246267
I disagree. Both have specific definitions, and my point is that if they inverted something, they inverted something. If they did a dyslexic version, then it was dyslexic. Simple as that. We just need to tell it like it is. That Gladys was not inverted, so it hasn\'t been corrected. If the ending does not continue into the beginning, it is not inverted. The Gladys ending was not even played. Here\'s a made-up example of something dyslexic... "The Sound" for example:

Puppetry > The Sound (ending), The Sound (beginning > jam) > Puppetry

Let\'s not make this more complicated than it has to be. :)
Disagree all you want dyslexic is not a Breakfast setlist notation.
Your bisco definitions mean nothing here.
It\'s not a democracy and the decision has been made check the setlist.
It\'s correct per Breakfast setlist standards.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:28:25 pm by leith »
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

FieryBill

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2009, 04:31:20 pm »
I indeed saw the setlist, and I think it\'s incorrect.
"It\'s corrected" = your opinion, which I disagree with.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2009, 04:32:15 pm »
Quote from: leith;246265

This^ and it\'s the term decided upon by the Breakfast\'s Archivist so the debate is over.

wait.who??

i\'m afraid your logic is null and void, the notation is decided whoever keeps the setlist that night.  nicknels takes the duty of the night, i did last night.  you can eat a d.

leith

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2009, 04:42:38 pm »
Quote from: FieryBill;246269
I indeed saw the setlist, and I think it\'s incorrect.
"It\'s corrected" = your opinion, which I disagree with.

No it\'s not my opinion it\'s corrected per the Breakfast\'s OFFICIAL Archivist which is the standard used for Breakfast setlists.

Quote from: Igziabeher;246270
Quote from: leith;246265

This^ and it\'s the term decided upon by the Breakfast\'s Archivist so the debate is over.

wait.who??

i\'m afraid your logic is null and void, the notation is decided whoever keeps the setlist that night.  nicknels takes the duty of the night, i did last night.  you can eat a d.

Uh no you idiot it\'s not. As per the setlist submitted it was labeled dyslexic the Breakfast\'s OFFICIAL Archivist CORRECTED the error of having dyslexic on a Breakfast setlist and changed it to INVERTED.

So take that D and enjoy it up your ass.

As I said the debate is over but I\'ll enjoy all of you banging your head against the wall abt it.

FieryBill

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2009, 04:49:58 pm »
Leith. Tell me how the Gladys was inverted. Were you at the show? You have no idea. Just because it\'s at the top of the page right now doesn\'t mean it\'s correct. You may remember it previously said dyslexic, and that was changed. It can be changed again, and I\'m arguing that "inverted" should be taken down too, simply because it wasn\'t B > C > A or C > A > B (the definition of inverted).

So according to you the official archivist is incapable of ever being wrong? Come on now.

leith

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2009, 05:00:04 pm »
Quote from: FrankZappa;246229
I didn\'t read all of this but adrian wrote it as

Gladys Jam> Score, Rufus > Wake Up in a Coma > Gladys  > Episode III.

When dangle asked him on it, he said "start with the jam section of gladys from the fill on, then later we go into the begining of gladys. When we reach the part where we would do the fill/jam, segway to eppy 3."

Quote from: FieryBill;246272
Leith. Tell me how the Gladys was inverted. Were you at the show? You have no idea. Just because it\'s at the top of the page right now doesn\'t mean it\'s correct. You may remember it previously said dyslexic, and that was changed. It can be changed again, and I\'m arguing that "inverted" should be taken down too, simply because it wasn\'t B > C > A or C > A > B (the definition of inverted).

So according to you the official archivist is incapable of ever being wrong? Come on now.

Well as per Paul\'s post above if this was their intention then by Breakfast standards they were going inverted that\'s how I know.

And no The Breakfast\'s archivist can be wrong sure he\'s human but my point is he is the one that decides final notation and he does not include dyslexic and probably never will.

FieryBill

« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2009, 05:22:58 pm »
None of that makes any sense.

"start with the jam section of gladys from the fill on, then later we go into the begining of gladys. When we reach the part where we would do the fill/jam, segway to eppy 3".....

....Does not equal inverted, period. You can\'t go with Breakfast standards for your argument. Whatever they\'ve done in the past has nothing to do with what went down in that specific segment of music Friday night. You haven\'t even heard it, how could you be so passionate about something/argue for a correct notation when you didn\'t even hear it? It\'s insane.

The second thing you said especially makes no sense. What does "final notation" mean if it\'s not correct? It\'s just the opinion of one person. What if the final notation said inverted, then you heard the recording and felt it wasn\'t inverted? According to you, your opinion means nothing here because it\'s not a democracy and there was a final ruling that came from the archivist.... but then you contradict yourself by agreeing that if someone is human they are capable of mistakes. Doesn\'t that imply that there shouldn\'t be a "final notation" unless there\'s a consensus opinion on the matter from all parties who give a shit?

So I\'m the sky archivist and my final notation is that the sky isn\'t blue during the day. Guess I must be right!

leith

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2009, 06:09:30 pm »
Quote from: FieryBill;246275
None of that makes any sense.

"start with the jam section of gladys from the fill on, then later we go into the begining of gladys. When we reach the part where we would do the fill/jam, segway to eppy 3".....

....Does not equal inverted, period. You can\'t go with Breakfast standards for your argument. Whatever they\'ve done in the past has nothing to do with what went down in that specific segment of music Friday night. You haven\'t even heard it, how could you be so passionate about something/argue for a correct notation when you didn\'t even hear it? It\'s insane.

The second thing you said especially makes no sense. What does "final notation" mean if it\'s not correct? It\'s just the opinion of one person. What if the final notation said inverted, then you heard the recording and felt it wasn\'t inverted? According to you, your opinion means nothing here because it\'s not a democracy and there was a final ruling that came from the archivist.... but then you contradict yourself by agreeing that if someone is human they are capable of mistakes. Doesn\'t that imply that there shouldn\'t be a "final notation" unless there\'s a consensus opinion on the matter from all parties who give a shit?

So I\'m the sky archivist and my final notation is that the sky isn\'t blue during the day. Guess I must be right!

Sure I can. That\'s what the standards are there for. It\'s exactly what a Breakfast inverted song is. How Adrian was describing it. Just because you don\'t understand or it does not fit YOUR definition is no reason to get so upset.

Who ever said I was sane? I just don\'t want dyslexic in Breakfast setlists and it seems neither does the archivist.

As I said before it\'s not a democracy if I "felt" something was not correct oh well all I can do is ask for it to be changed and when nothing happens complain some more etc. until satisfied or give up.

Do you understand the definition of contradiction?
Your assumption of an implication by me that a final notation shouldn\'t happen w/o consensus is just that, an assumption.

The Archivist holds the right to archive Breakfast setlists as he sees fit. That\'s WHY he\'s the archivist. If you don\'t like it well you\'ll just have to deal because he really doesn\'t post anymore.

Except to correct setlists. :lol:

Gfunk

• Papa^
    • http://www.myspace.com/weaksauce603
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2009, 06:13:38 pm »
Quote from: SkyePrizm;246251
Quote from: leith;246228

Oh and thanx Tray but don\'t think that\'s gonna go far in the NBA thread. ;)

i know it won\'t.  ;) especially since in their last game, the celts lost to the pacers.  an 8-3 season to start has me kind of quiet.

NBA Thread = thataway>.

Quote from: sąikidélik;246257
I apologize. I feel like a douche and have never met you two so all my comments are merely immaturity. And the last thing i want to do is piss off the TB family. One of the nices groups of people i have ever met. Sorry leith and yoda. For the record im not a disco biscuits fan.

GoodfAH  you for apologizing to Leith Jeff. Attaboy! No point in arguing over semantics really. Me and you both know that whether the Gladys was  inverted/dyslexic/transexual or all of the above, most of all it was the heater. How it gets notated on the setlist doesn\'t even begin to explain what went down anyways. The entire show was balls to the wall. This may not be anything new for The Breakfast, They\'ve been playing balls to the wall ever since Tim & Adj got together. But Friday at Mill St. something happened. Something more than just all out ser biz tight ass funkin jams. Something special happened. It\'s hard to put into words what The Breakfast does musically. They consistently impress me and put me into a state of speechless amazement. Friday was one of those fantasy type setlists with heavy hitters all over the place, lucid jams, and melted faces. Rufus was my personal highlight, my eyes kept closing so i could picture what was going on musically in my head in colors (no i was not tripping). It was pure bliss. Everytime I did open my eyes I was blown away by the sheer talent on the stage. I hope this review can start to attempt to describe what went down for our Bfam brothers and sisters who couldn\'t be there for whatever reason, but i know it will come up short. All i can say is thank you tapers (Matt V this time) the music speaks for itself. Thank you Tim, Adj, Dangle, & Jordo, I hope you never quit making the surreal auditory art that no one else will ever recreate/ come close to. Long live The Breakfast (and the BFAM)!
Facial Hair Would Be So Nice

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2009, 06:26:12 pm »
Peep Papa risin\' above! :stoned:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 06:29:25 pm by bdfreetuna »
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Gfunk

• Papa^
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2009, 06:34:53 pm »
Quote from: zuke583;246194

several times during the show this thought occurred to me (and it\'s obvious, but for some reason last night it really hit me): it\'s unbelievable how well these guys play these songs. the way they can slide from a composed section to a jam on the composition (not a full on jam, but just a few measures playing on the theme) back into a composed section...i don\'t hear that from any other band. like \'93-style phish. it really is a treat to see them so often. i\'m sure tonight will rage.

No other band can slip so easily into such fluid jamming and be so incredibly toight at the same time. FACT.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2009, 06:42:37 pm »
this still doesn\'t change the fact that leith is a flaming faggot and ruined a perfectly good setlist thread where i was gonna post a review but fuck it since its 5 pages wasted on debate over one fucking word.  grow up.

Gfunk

• Papa^
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2009, 06:43:36 pm »
post the review brah!

leith

« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2009, 06:59:12 pm »
Quote from: Igziabeher;246286
this still doesn\'t change the fact that leith is a flaming faggot and ruined a perfectly good setlist thread where i was gonna post a review but fuck it since its 5 pages wasted on debate over one fucking word.  grow up.

Awww. So you\'re gonna take your review and go home?
:lol: and you want me to grow up.
Igz is pissed off :lol: whatever fuckwad. It\'s the internet.