Author Topic: Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!  (Read 17627 times)

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
Introducing: The Official "According to Yoda..." Thread!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2008, 04:31:27 pm »
they are pretty much weekend warrior status still. There is a lot more weekdays in a month than weekends.

one or two friday/saturday gigs falls through or a band member has something else going on, or practices/studio time  thats what your left with.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 04:43:55 pm by Klout »

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 12:56:37 pm »
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN TO PLAY HALFTIME SHOW AT THIS YEAR\'S SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Lexington

• suckin seaweed
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 02:48:37 pm »
the real boss:

caress me, aunt jemima

zuke583

• the whitest kid u know
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 02:55:03 pm »
Quote from: Yoda;198472
So the emphasis is on solo gigs rather than the band?

welcome to the breakfast 3.8
take a big bite of the fruit of your labor

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 02:57:55 pm »
Danza looks really "sweet" in that picture.  The only reason to watch that show was Milano; besides, Angela was the boss in that house.

I guess I\'m the only one excited to see "The Boss" perform at the superbowl.
The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with - Bruce Springsteen

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2008, 09:06:11 am »
Check out this response I got to the add on craigslist listed below:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/emd/806072248.html

My initial email to the guy was:

I\'m interested in:

- Juno
- No Country For Old Men
- The Big Lebowski
- Across The Universe
- Almost Famous

Would you be willing to sell the 5 for $20?  I can meet you on Saturday.

This was the response I got back:

Come on, dude. It\'s not good enough for you, that I\'m only asking 5 and give an emense list of dvds to choose from, but you want mostly new releases and 4 dollars each. See now, the only way that I\'d sell those new releases for 4 each is if someone came to me with a rather long list of dvds, roughly 20 or so. You come to me, with 5, 3 of which were released to dvd no longer than 2 months ago (if that) and you request me to lower the price. Hey, I got an idea, why don\'t I just give you these dvds for free... right? I mean I don\'t have any needs, I don\'t need the money, you just expect that it\'s craigslist and you should get a good deal (or should I say, steal)  but you don\'t stop and think, you know maybe theres a reason this 19 year old kid is selling his entire dvd collection online, maybe he was arrested 3 nights ago FOR RINGING A DOORBELL, and was slapped with 300 dollars worth of tickets, and is now being sued by the family for harrassment. Not to mention he quit his job 2 weeks ago, so money is scarse as is. I\'m asking 5 each. Take it or leave it. Because you know these dvds are new releases and no one would sell them for 5, go to amazon or ebay, fuck it, I don\'t even want to do business with you... Cheap son of a bitch. No, no, that\'s right, you\'re not cheap.... you\'re a "bargain hunter." The pharse cheap fucking bastards gave themselves to make them seem okay in the public eye you scrounge garbage cans and flimsy garage sales looking to save an extra penny here, a dime there. You know, make the other man drop their price of their merchandise, to better your situation, fuck the other guy.. its a dog eat dog world.. FUCK YOU, keep your 20 bucks

A little over the top, don\'t you think?

kindm's

• Who Runs Barter Town...
  • Administrator
    • blueberrydreams
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2008, 09:25:02 am »
Quote from: Yoda;200185

I\'m interested in:

- Juno
- No Country For Old Men
- The Big Lebowski
- Across The Universe
- Almost Famous

Come on, dude. It\'s not good enough for you, that I\'m only asking 5 and give an emense list of dvds to choose from, but you want mostly new releases and 4 dollars each. See now, the only way that I\'d sell those new releases for 4 each is if someone came to me with a rather long list of dvds, roughly 20 or so. You come to me, with 5, 3 of which were released to dvd no longer than 2 months ago (if that) and you request me to lower the price. Hey, I got an idea, why don\'t I just give you these dvds for free... right? I mean I don\'t have any needs, I don\'t need the money, you just expect that it\'s craigslist and you should get a good deal (or should I say, steal)  but you don\'t stop and think, you know maybe theres a reason this 19 year old kid is selling his entire dvd collection online, maybe he was arrested 3 nights ago FOR RINGING A DOORBELL, and was slapped with 300 dollars worth of tickets, and is now being sued by the family for harrassment. Not to mention he quit his job 2 weeks ago, so money is scarse as is. I\'m asking 5 each. Take it or leave it. Because you know these dvds are new releases and no one would sell them for 5, go to amazon or ebay, fuck it, I don\'t even want to do business with you... Cheap son of a bitch. No, no, that\'s right, you\'re not cheap.... you\'re a "bargain hunter." The pharse cheap fucking bastards gave themselves to make them seem okay in the public eye you scrounge garbage cans and flimsy garage sales looking to save an extra penny here, a dime there. You know, make the other man drop their price of their merchandise, to better your situation, fuck the other guy.. its a dog eat dog world.. FUCK YOU, keep your 20 bucks

Looking at his ad that clearly states $5 each and the more you buy the cheaper. He is an asshole and probably psycho. You followed his directions and he comes back with the above, stay clear of this dude. You didn\'t low ball him, you asked for 4 DVD\'s at his set price of $5/per. If he doesn\'t want sell newer releases for $5 he should have said so.
"You can bet everything will come to an end. It's going to be ugly and it's going to be a mess, and it's going to be something that somebody did in the name of God...."

Frank Zappa, Artist as Genetic Design Flaw,
    Ecolibrium Interviews, Vol #19

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2008, 09:33:11 am »
Quote from: kindm\'s;200186
Quote from: Yoda;200185

I\'m interested in:

- Juno
- No Country For Old Men
- The Big Lebowski
- Across The Universe
- Almost Famous

Looking at his ad that clearly states $5 each and the more you buy the cheaper. He is an asshole and probably psycho. You followed his directions and he comes back with the above, stay clear of this dude. You didn\'t low ball him, you asked for 4 DVD\'s at his set price of $5/per. If he doesn\'t want sell newer releases for $5 he should have said so.

look again. he asked for 5 DVDs at $4/each.

i need to do this with a ton of my dvds.

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2008, 09:37:24 am »
I did ask for 5 DVD, basically 4 at the regular price and I wanted to see if he\'s throw in the 5th.  I was also willing to pay for the 5th if he didn\'t want to deal, but after that email, there\'s no deal.

peaches626

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2008, 10:54:08 am »
that dude sounds like yoda
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2008, 11:11:43 am »
I guess after all of my comments, I deserved that one.

booztravlr

• SHlTTER\'S FULL
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2008, 11:26:54 am »
you know maybe theres a reason this 19 year old kid is selling his entire dvd collection online, maybe he was arrested 3 nights ago FOR RINGING A DOORBELL, and was slapped with 300 dollars worth of tickets, and is now being sued by the family for harrassment.

Little old to be ding-dong-ditching, eh?
Smell my mule.

peaches626

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2008, 12:23:31 pm »
my guess is he\'s stalkin an old flame
taints rule, gypsies drool!

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2008, 12:31:54 pm »
I have a very random question for Paul Ryan...

Is there ever going to be a Mean Pete reunion?

Yoda

• Smell My Finger
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2008, 08:33:38 am »
I\'ll make it short and sweet... If there are any Brian Wilson or Beach Boy fans or just fans of good music, pick up Wilson\'s new album, That Lucky Old Sun... I just finished it and though it pales in comparison to SMILE, it\'s really good.  I think that you can still pick it up at Best Buy this week for $9.99... Thats all.