Author Topic: Knocked Up! Is a HILARIOUS movie!!!!  (Read 2629 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Knocked Up! Is a HILARIOUS movie!!!!
« on: June 03, 2007, 11:08:59 pm »
Was laughing very hard through alot of this movie. It is like 2.5 hours long but it only drags for like 3 minutes near the end. Great as a date movie or just seeing with some friends. If you have not seen this movie you are missing out.

I will say you have got to like the cast for this movie to go over well with you and alot of the cast I have liked in other movies so I was already fairly biased going in.

Oh and..... nevermind just go see it.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 11:19:08 pm »
yeah, me and sconnie went to see it friday night, thought it was great.  is it really that long of a movie?  it went by fairly quickly.

OMS

• Egg-Head
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 11:19:55 pm »
great movie, saw it on saturday

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 12:02:17 am »
Quote from: Igziabeher;147652
yeah, me and sconnie went to see it friday night, thought it was great.  is it really that long of a movie?  it went by fairly quickly.

I guess it\'s actually a little over 2 hours. We watched the credits and when I got to the car I looked at the time and judged from that. It did fly by for even a 2 hr. movie though.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

stefpav

• horse$hit shenanigans!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 03:33:32 pm »
i\'d like to see this movie.  isn\'t the main character (the guy) the writer/actor from "40 year old virgin"?  very funny guy.  and i like the girl that\'s in it...she\'s from grey\'s anatomy.
if you need me i\'ll be in the Angry Dome!

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 05:14:13 pm »
The lead actor was in 40 Year Old Virgin, he also has a slight resemblance to Dobson.
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 05:20:52 pm »
i\'ve heard great things about this one, gonna have to check it out soon.
Postcount +1.

estahwhaddup

• probably the only asian
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 05:43:11 pm »
can\'t wait to see this, i loved 40 year old virgin and i love kathering heigl.  and now for a thread hijack:  anyone see pirates of the Caribbeans 3?  it was funny and bad all at the same time.  would have sucked if it wasn\'t funny.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." -Aldous Huxley

citroen

• http://www.myspace.com/bmx_babe
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 05:53:47 pm »
I think if it wasn\'t for me, Leith would have never seen this movie.  I\'m using "I think" so Leith won\'t get mad at me if he already did have plans to check this out.  Took Leith to see this yesterday & even though Leith hates to be the entertainment at a show or movie, I loved the movie, but was so entertained by seeing Leith jump up in his seat screaming \'yeah, yeah\' & laughing so hard during the scene where the guys do \'shrooms & go to Vegas.  Leith was like \'let\'s go see this again\'.  I\'m going to have to dig up my free passes, so maybe this is a possibility, Leith.  Glad to see Leith appreciating a movie I liked.  Since I don\'t have a TV, Leith let me watch The Simple Life last night.  It was torture for him to sit through that, but he loved the part when the guy at the camp told Paris & Nicole if they touch his car again, he will call the police.  Such a Leith thing to say.  
My favorite character in the movie is the stoner girl that hangs out at the house.  Not sure, but I think her character\'s name was Jodi.  Leith calls her the dumb girl.  She made me laugh the hardest.  :lol:  Yes Al Z, you should take Lauren to this movie.  & for everyone else that wants to go see it, if you liked 40 Year-Old Virgin, there is a coupon in specially marked DVD packages for a free movie ticket to see Knocked Up.  Just liked the preview says, Knocked up was funnier than 40 Year-Old Virgin.  Didn\'t know anything about Katherine Heigl.  Am a fan after seeing her play the lead in this.  :thumbsup:
Mrs. Donnie Wahlberg

Spacey

• w0okadactyl fo\' life
Canadian journalist says "Knocked Up" a knock-off
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2007, 04:41:37 pm »
silly canucks...

Quote from: Naomi Kim

TORONTO (Reuters) - A Canadian journalist is suing the director and the studio of the new hit comedy "Knocked Up," arguing that she\'s the rightful parent of the tale behind the movie.

In a suit filed against writer-director Judd Apatow, and against Universal Studios, Calgary-based Rebecca Eckler says there are too many similarities between the movie and her book about her accidental pregnancy to be a coincidence.

"I don\'t doubt, purely based on the screenplay, that he (Apatow) had a copy in his office somehow of the book," Eckler told Reuters.

"A lot of people, I\'m sure, will say, \'Well, getting drunk and knocked up, it could happen to everybody.\' Well, the fact is, it doesn\'t happen to everybody, and no one had written about it before I did. And he (Apatow) didn\'t sell the screenplay until after I did."

Eckler\'s book, "Knocked Up: Confessions of a Hip Mother-to-Be," was published in the United States in 2005, and Eckler said she wants credit and compensation.

The story of an up-and-coming reporter who gets drunk and pregnant is the premise behind both the film and Eckler\'s book. She said other similarities include the fact that both fathers are Jewish-Canadians, and both mothers took a huge number of pregnancy tests to confirm a baby was on the way.

Apatow contends the two stories are very different.

"The book is about a woman who gets pregnant by the fiance that she loves on the night of her engagement party," he said in a statement. "The film is about a one-night stand between a pot smoking slacker and an ambitious young woman that leads to a pregnancy and their attempts to get to know each other.

"Anyone who reads the book and sees the movie will instantly know that they are two very different stories about a common experience."

Eckler said she filed her copyright infringement lawsuit in January. The trial is set to begin in March 2008.

The movie opened in North America on June 1 and stars Seth Rogen as pot-smoking daddy Ben Stone and Katherine Heigl as the mom-to-be, Alison Scott. It earned an impressive $30.7 million in its first weekend.

"I can see why the movie\'s successful. It\'s funny," said Eckler.

Reuters Link
Love many, trust few and don\'t be late.

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 11:15:14 am »
saw it last night. thought it was very good, though a little draggy at times.. i have to subtract points for several missed opportunities to show Katherine Heigl\'s tits. :thumbsdow

davepeck

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 12:44:02 pm »
:lol: here\'s a deleted scene:

http://www.youtube.com/v/A0L1tVbxj14">http://www.youtube.com/v/A0L1tVbxj14" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

jocelyn

• Not in charge.
    • http://www.myspace.com/cowwcowboogie
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 04:08:56 pm »
Quote from: citroen;147752
I think if it wasn\'t for me, Leith would have never seen this movie.  I\'m using "I think" so Leith won\'t get mad at me if he already did have plans to check this out.  Took Leith to see this yesterday & even though Leith hates to be the entertainment at a show or movie, I loved the movie, but was so entertained by seeing Leith jump up in his seat screaming \'yeah, yeah\' & laughing so hard during the scene where the guys do \'shrooms & go to Vegas.  Leith was like \'let\'s go see this again\'.  I\'m going to have to dig up my free passes, so maybe this is a possibility, Leith.  Glad to see Leith appreciating a movie I liked.  Since I don\'t have a TV, Leith let me watch The Simple Life last night.  It was torture for him to sit through that, but he loved the part when the guy at the camp told Paris & Nicole if they touch his car again, he will call the police.  Such a Leith thing to say.  
My favorite character in the movie is the stoner girl that hangs out at the house.  Not sure, but I think her character\'s name was Jodi.  Leith calls her the dumb girl.  She made me laugh the hardest.  :lol:  Yes Al Z, you should take Lauren to this movie.  & for everyone else that wants to go see it, if you liked 40 Year-Old Virgin, there is a coupon in specially marked DVD packages for a free movie ticket to see Knocked Up.  Just liked the preview says, Knocked up was funnier than 40 Year-Old Virgin.  Didn\'t know anything about Katherine Heigl.  Am a fan after seeing her play the lead in this.  :thumbsup:

That is definitely the highest number of "Leiths" I have ever seen in one paragraph. :P
Masturbation in the MFA