Author Topic: Spring 2006 Breakfast Tour(West Coast leg) thoughts  (Read 566 times)

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
Spring 2006 Breakfast Tour(West Coast leg) thoughts
« on: April 02, 2006, 01:53:09 pm »
Jamming
Well after 8 shows in 9 days w/ The Breakfast I can truly say there is no band I know of that can compete on the level of The Breakfast when it comes down to jamming.
They have it down to an art. UM fans may think their guys can jam because they "compose songs in the moment" Pfffft.
No UM jam ever or will ever come close to what I heard this tour.
If The Breakfast wanted to make songs out of their jams I can name over 2-4 themes that could be exploited for this in just about every jam explored this tour.

Show Dynamics coming along nicely.
A moment that stands out strongly is from the 1st show when Good Things just rang out like the shining jewel of a song it is and afterwards realizing in the context of the show Tim placed the song in what Deadheads call the Jerry Ballad slot.
I then totally understood why I was a blubbering mess on Gia\'s shoulder the whole song just muttering how beautiful the song was.

Floored!!!!
I hit the floor on my knees twice this tour owned by the music. Puppetry and Mooboo\'s being the culprits. Thank you guys for that.

We Are Everywhere (for lack of a better phrase)
Pockets of Breakfast love were everywhere we went. Interesting to see so many people that knew the music.
Even more interesting was how owned those that did not know the band were. Every night crowds were into it and were begging for encores.

When and where they play
Why do The Breakfast just play weekend warriors @ home ?
Weeknight crowds may not have been as big as the weekends but they were not small crowds and totally into the band. The Breakfast should play more weeknight gigs from what I saw.
Bigger venues are needed in SF and Crystal Bay is a must again.

Setlists
New songs are very very good live and crowd pleasing.
Setlists are interesting and leave you wanting more thus the next show is eagerly awaited. Makes it easy to jump in the car for the next city believe me.

Lighting
Once Ellis has the rig he wants The Breakfast will def. have one of the best "shows" out there. Until then it is pretty damn good and def. blew some people away.

Intension is a really good song. Pure Rock.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 02:51:03 pm »
nice review. thanks

Igziabeher

• ser gravel eater
    • http://www.phantasytour.com/moe/boards.cgi
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 03:13:16 pm »
that\'s right.

FreeSpirit

• Mrs. Tickler
    • http://www.myspace.com/robynsegali
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 03:17:25 pm »
Quote from: leith
Floored!!!!
I hit the floor on my knees twice this tour

rotfl... no comment, but, er, nice review, Leith - I\'m glad u got officially owned this tour & I look forward to seeing u out east in the near future! :D
“Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings. ”[/color]

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 06:36:20 pm »
Floored!!!!
I hit the floor on my knees twice this tour

Leith was the "face ownage" poster boy on this tour.  

I would just stop and point at Leith with Buquebus/Chris/Gia and shout "owned" during the epic moments.  Leith would look over and nod his head in agreement.  

I was owned every night of this tour.  I didn\'t regret a single minute of it all, including the 775-mile drive home yesterday.  "Living with No Regret"

As Leith stated, the band should definitely find more venues to play during the week.  If they can\'t find any accomodating cities with eager fans for the Monday nights in the east, I always know they\'ll be well-received in the west, regardless of the night, location or weather.  

In addition to the musical joy blessed upon the tour rats, it was great seeing so many people "owned" for the first time.  The funniest "ownage" moment was when I turned to Gabe at the Temple Bar, yelled "owned", and pointed at some old dude who was staring at the band in amazement.  He turned around with a confused look on his face and walked away.  Very funny, though I didn\'t intend for him to hear me.

Also, there were so many dudes at the shows that were so owned that they turned into stone and couldn\'t remove their eyes from the stage till the end of the song/jam.  

I can\'t wait till the next tour!!!!   I was so fortunate to be part of all the "Spring madness" of tour 2006!!
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Giavanna

• The game is to change
    • http://www.giavannakersulis.com
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 06:46:43 pm »
Jamming

I then totally understood why I was a blubbering mess on Gia\'s shoulder the whole song just muttering how beautiful the song was.

And he ain\'t kidding either!
Leith=interprative dancer extraordinaire!
Even Opera Singers love "The Breakfast!" - la pace fuori