20 Center Street
Northampton, MA
(413) 584-0610

All Ages Show!!!

Tickets - $10/Advance
             $13/Day of Show

Doors at 9:30pm
Show at 10:30pm

Shows in the Northampton area to promote.

Contact Tim at tim@thebreakfast.org if you want to help with promotion.

Returning to Northampton after a fiery one-setter last year. The venue was packed but not sold-out. This time around, lets shoot for the sell-outs of old. We can use all of the people we can. Come out and support the band on this weekend.

If you have any ideas, strategies, know of places to promote or just have an opinion on what to do, please post it here.

Please discuss PROMOTION here.

Thanks!

skalnbyc:
UMass/Amherst/Northampton/Pioneer Valley is a great place to recruit new :guitar: fans.  There is a very large concentration of jamband fans/college students residing in those towns. The fanbase needs to be re-stocked after losing touch (due to graduation/relocation) with so many old students that rocked out to PB in Butterfield/Iron Horse/Pearl St.  Back in 2000/2001/2002, the band\'s brand identity was well-known in the area (enough to hold a Fongoulish Freakout outside the New Haven/CT area and also record the music of Bona Fide) and our word-of-mouth and basic flyering tactics yielded plenty of success with the heady dorms.

My suggestion (:liar: ): force Mike (Whatthefunk) to buy 1,000 blank cds and spend the next month preparing samplers to hand out to the heady dorms of upper Central.  Second thought, get a package of small handbills and place them under the heady doors in the upper Central dorms.  We need to be tactical in our appeal to the jamband people and seek them out accordingly.  Contact The Collegian/Valley Advocate/Hampshire Gazette/others and make a request to the music correspondents.  Free press may be the best way to remind our older, locally residing allies that PB is still "owning faces" in The Valley.

plainandsimple:
I\'ll do what I can If I can get some promo material. This is my b-day show.Spacey get together with me on this......

Whathefunk:

--- Quote from: alexanderzurflu ---My suggestion (:liar: ): force Mike (Whatthefunk) to buy 1,000 blank cds and spend the next month preparing samplers to hand out to the heady dorms of upper Central.  Second thought, get a package of small handbills and place them under the heady doors in the upper Central dorms.
--- End quote ---

just went out and bought a 50 cd-r spindle which will be devoted to burning the nectar\'s sbd show from last month.  I don\'t have a sampler at all and don\'t have the \'best-of 2005\' yet, so i think i\'ll be passing out this show as its got the best sound quality of the recent shows and possibly all of the shows on archive.  i\'ve got a buddy who is still living in central and i\'ll have him help me distribute cds and put up flyers.  i def wanna try and get this one sold out.

Spacey:
I\'ll throw some CD\'s toward ya. Give a cd out with a flyer. But a disclosure on the cd something along the line of "Pass it on to another fan of music if this isn\'t your style." Spice it up. People like free shit, so lets give it a shot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version