Breakfast Babble > 2020

Setlist: 2020-04-17 - Social Distancing Live Stream (Episode 2)

(1/3) > >>

simpletwistupdon:
Set: jam > Over Exposure, Groove Holmes > Sabrosa > Wake Up In A Coma, Namaste, Pow! > Spunk*, Q & A banter**, Son Of Neckbone > In 3's > drum solo > Garcian Fishbowl > Eugene's Lament > Garcian Fishbowl, Q & A banter, Escher's Etching's (Part I) > Bobo On The Corner > Shambala > Vermont Song, Q & A banter, Lighten Up***, Episode 1(Happy)^, Ricky's Theme, Transitions > Buquebus^^ > Drinkin' Wine > The Grand Scheme Of Things^^^

E: Ten Years Gone%

-Throughout the course of the set, the band covered the Beastie Boys album ‘The In Sound from the Way Out’ in its entirety, all songs were debuts
*with drum & bass jam
**with 'Jeopardy' interlude
***began with each band member on percussion instruments
^with 'And Many More' tag ending
^^with 'Twilight Zone Theme' & 'Root Down' (Beastie Boys) teases; unfinished
^^^with drum solo; 'Terrapin Station' (The Grateful Dead) & 'Star Spangled Banner' (Francis Scott Key) teases
%last time played 3/22/08; with 'Eleanor Rigby' (The Beatles) tease

frolfer:
Holy kamole what a great show!! I needed that. I first tried to watch on my tv, but it kept freezing up. Once I switched to my phone all was good. The sound was great if not a little vocal heavy, but I'll take it any day.

The boys sounded like they have always played those Beastie Boys tunes. I was expecting just a straight play through of the album, and then a set of originals, but I like how they weaved everything together. I hope they keep some of those jams around.

simpletwistupdon:
You're not wrong frolf, I think most were expecting (and then suprised by the weaving) the album to be played straight through. These guys always know how to keep you on your toes! I think if they continue with this theme, next album:

John Scofield's Agogo (w/ Medeski, Martin & Wood)

... they've already got the sound for it. Tim's been playing Jeep on 35 off the album in his acoustic streams from time to time. I would love it. It's another staple/go to in my rotation. But, hey... I'm only a fan with an opinion  ;D

frolfer:
I was thinking A Go Go (Scofield), Spectrum (Billy Cobham), or Blow by Blow (Jeff Beck)

Buqu3bus:
"A go go" would be insane! This looks like a solid set of tunes I need to check out
..  thank you to all involved

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version