Author Topic: Kanye West booed and heckled at Bonnaroo  (Read 5437 times)

Gordo

• Nicky Cheesecake
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=515917765
Kanye West booed and heckled at Bonnaroo
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2009, 01:48:12 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;241262
Quote from: Vassillios;241111
Quote from: Jim Cobb;241107
Quote from: Stephengencs;241087
Quote from: Jim Cobb;241076
mainstream music is in a rough spot right now, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

and is that light Urban Fetch?

wasn\'t what i meant, lol.  there are just some really cool upcoming business endeavors in the works that i know about that look like they\'re going to save the music business and allow artists AND the business folks to be able to make money and develop themselves in the current market.

are you talking about spotify?

not what i was talking about specifically, but subscription based services like spotify that utilize ad revenue to pay artist royalties are HUUUUUUUGE step in the right direction.  it\'s been talked about in the music biz for a while but it\'s taken some time for people to have the balls to make the change.

i\'m talking about a new record label launching this fall that can completely revolutionize the way artists, managers, producers, engineers, booking agents, etc. do business.  they\'ve already got some huge names behind it and thanks to a team of nasa engineers (i shit you not), they\'re also utilizing the latest in information/web technology to create boatloads of new and creative revenue streams for artists and the like.  they also have created a system that will allow bands that are gaining momentum to be almost "automatically" discovered and given access to better resources.  wouldn\'t it be great if a band didn\'t have to play for almost 10 years without getting noticed by the people who have the power?

That sounds awesome, but how does it work when every band gaining momentum is suddenly introduced to the power world simultaneously? Still, it does make sense. If you\'ve got the chops and it never comes across the "big desk," your chances are nil. This way odds are clearly better.
The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sagethicket. "Vamanos amigos," he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintscraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.  --Eli Cash

Vassillios

• straight from the gutter
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2009, 01:57:52 pm »
Quote from: Gordo;241343
Quote from: Jim Cobb;241262
Quote from: Vassillios;241111
Quote from: Jim Cobb;241107
Quote from: Stephengencs;241087
Quote from: Jim Cobb;241076
mainstream music is in a rough spot right now, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

and is that light Urban Fetch?

wasn\'t what i meant, lol.  there are just some really cool upcoming business endeavors in the works that i know about that look like they\'re going to save the music business and allow artists AND the business folks to be able to make money and develop themselves in the current market.

are you talking about spotify?

not what i was talking about specifically, but subscription based services like spotify that utilize ad revenue to pay artist royalties are HUUUUUUUGE step in the right direction.  it\'s been talked about in the music biz for a while but it\'s taken some time for people to have the balls to make the change.

i\'m talking about a new record label launching this fall that can completely revolutionize the way artists, managers, producers, engineers, booking agents, etc. do business.  they\'ve already got some huge names behind it and thanks to a team of nasa engineers (i shit you not), they\'re also utilizing the latest in information/web technology to create boatloads of new and creative revenue streams for artists and the like.  they also have created a system that will allow bands that are gaining momentum to be almost "automatically" discovered and given access to better resources.  wouldn\'t it be great if a band didn\'t have to play for almost 10 years without getting noticed by the people who have the power?

That sounds awesome, but how does it work when every band gaining momentum is suddenly introduced to the power world simultaneously? Still, it does make sense. If you\'ve got the chops and it never comes across the "big desk," your chances are nil. This way odds are clearly better.

i saw the kings of leon last friday and i swear they were lipsynching/playsynching. the songs sounded exactly like the radio versions.

we need less of that in the industry and more of the real deal. hopefully things will change, but most music listeners are too dumb to notice.
i think it\'s turning back on me / i\'m down on the upside

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2009, 02:36:44 pm »
well the problem is that music listeners have had their senses dulled by decades of an industry that didn\'t require the product to be any good.  but it appears that the masses are beginning to wise up because they ain\'t buyin\' it anymore.  the majors are going under HARD.  

gordo, every momentum gaining band wouldn\'t be thrown out in front of the world all at once, it\'d be a process.  example:  say you track x amount of sales in a certain period of time.  perhaps that\'d sorta "unlock" access to connecting with a better booking agent or manager or better distrobution, etc.  the booking agents/managers etc. like this because they no longer have to sift through all the crap to find the bands that are working hard and seeing results.  the bands love it because they can see tangible rewards directly proportionate to how much work/results they\'re seeing.

of course, this is the path for a new band first starting out.  they\'ll also have their roster of marquee acts that\'d be able to avail themselves to all the services the label can provide.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 02:41:35 pm by Jim Cobb »
Postcount +1.