Author Topic: Matt Oestreicher was just on Jimmy Fallon  (Read 12541 times)

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
Matt Oestreicher was just on Jimmy Fallon
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2009, 05:55:17 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;229140
many people are stoked to see jordan back in the band!

I for one can\'t wait to see the guy again.
Lobbying for a Kote>Beer Jubilee>Gypsy Girl>Prom 97>Vortex

Ren

• what?
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2009, 06:48:51 pm »
you lighten up jim. ;)

i for one, am having a good time! :disco:
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2009, 07:09:40 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;229140
this board has become a pretty ugly place as of late!  to call matt\'s departure the band\'s "death blow" is melodramatic and over the top.  for one the band isn\'t dead.  and on top of that, aside from having to do half a tour keyboardplayerless, i don\'t see what the big deal is.  many people are stoked to see jordan back in the band!  last i checked, the guys in the band seemed happy to me.  what\'s all the fucking gloominess about?  lighten up, people.  this shit\'s supposed to be fun.

You\'re right Jim. The band is not dead just not a viable National Act for anyone to want to invest in anymore.

To some that\'s as good as dead.

Jordan being in the band is great musically but from a business sense (ala touring) it is less great.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Jim Cobb

• RailroadBuilder/RugPee-er
  • Global Moderator
    • http://www.urban-fetch.com
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2009, 08:03:38 pm »
Quote from: leith;229144
The band is not dead just not a viable National Act for anyone to want to invest in anymore.

i\'m not challenging that idea, i\'m saying that blaming that solely on matt is just straight up clown shoes.
Postcount +1.

leith

• B'Fam West Coast Member
    • http://leithsd.googlepages.com/home
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2009, 09:07:58 pm »
Quote from: Jim Cobb;229146
Quote from: leith;229144
The band is not dead just not a viable National Act for anyone to want to invest in anymore.

i\'m not challenging that idea, i\'m saying that blaming that solely on matt is just straight up clown shoes.

Yeah.
Worrying is like praying for something you don't want.

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2009, 09:29:39 pm »
mmhmm.
Postcount +1.

Matt o

some breakfast love
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2009, 09:30:37 pm »
hey folks, what up?  
I check out the board from time to time.  just noticed a thread about me.  wanted to say hi.  things are awesome over here.    man, some of that negative stuff some folks are writing is so not true son.   most folks have no idea what went on behind the scenes.  no one to blame, just different paths and different desires that we had.  I gave it my all for the time i was there.    I still think the breakfast is one of the best bands out there and I look forward to going to a show when I am in town.  I have no bad feelings towards any of the guys and I have been in touch with them.   if you need to know something just ask. why all the negativity? wheres the love?  wheres the love y\'all?  you know we all need lots more love.  end the hate.  end the hate.   its just music.   peace.

Jeah!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 09:30:37 pm by Matt o »

Ren

• what?
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2009, 10:23:08 pm »
clown shoes.:banghead:
"...someone\'s toying with us, Mr. Bravo, and no one makes a Sit N\' Spin out of Adam West..."

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2009, 10:23:13 pm »
Hey Matt- I\'m actually hoping to see you guys when you\'re in town 2 weeks from now.  Just throw in a Breakfast tease and expect some heckling in the crowd.  I think I\'m ready to play that 1-finger keyboard part, how about a sit-in?  ;)

Jim Cobb

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2009, 11:41:35 pm »
for the record, i listen to the chester french album in the car on a regular basis.  that\'s summer drivin\' music if ever i\'ve heard some.
Postcount +1.

Matt o

apology
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2009, 12:52:59 am »
sorry cats,
i prolly shouldn\'t of busted in on the thread.  I was just stressed today from too many plane flights (6 in the last week or two) so I was surfin the web and I saw this thread and I felt bad that people was hatin on me.  so I wrote something.  prolly shoulda kept myself in check.  this should be a place where you can say whatever you want so I\'m gonna lay low again.  I want yalls to feel free.  no bad feelings.  love all around.  
also
zurflu:  let me know when you are coming down and i think i can guestlist you.  as for the one finger keyboard part, I think we got it covered.  notice its on an original casio keyboard.

skalnbyc

• Taqueria Overexposure
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2009, 01:46:24 am »
I spent some time listening to the songs tonight - there\'s some really good stuff....Orchestral backing, vintage oldies crooning, Ben Folds moments...whole range of influences all fitting well within a contemporary package.  \'Neal\' is bordering on electro-epicness.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 02:08:56 am by alexanderzurflu »

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2009, 02:07:39 am »
death blow my ass

your comments are starting to approach the yoda level of discourse these days dave. honestly. do I need to make an according to mkdevo thread now?

the trio was hag and on it\'s LAST leg

matt o saved the day and made it really sick again.

2008 produced some of the best shows and jams and original music this band has ever played

yea the break up was not ideal and he did leave them high and dry before the tour but he also kept it going and served as the bridge to bring the real keyboardist of this band back.  

Whatever happens to the breakfast in the future Matt O is pretty much personally responsible for me getting to enjoy at least 25 more awesome shows that I never thought I would.  So I wish him well even if chester french is a cheeze ball or whatever. good luck matt.

bdfreetuna

• Team Gladys
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2009, 03:29:31 am »
Well fucking said Klout.

Some of the best shows the band ever put on were with Matt O. And since Matt is reading this I feel sorta dick for making "sell-out" comments, as I really with the guy the best.

That said, Sequoia has really stepped it up. I mean I was always a huge fan, "Sequoia side for life" :lol: , but the return of Jordan has really made the band better than they\'ve ever been.
Put the pointed pencil in the pepper-po and take a little sniff of the things below. :sadban:

> > > forums.alpinezone.com > > > Pelland Advertising

Klout

• Ser Face Tunage
    • http://www.myspace.com/klout
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2009, 03:43:35 am »
yea not to even mention that his presence allowed the band to stay together and find dangle when ronnie left which never woulda happened if it had gone down to just tim and adj.  

bottom line is that if matt had never been a member of the breakfast there would be no breakfast right now and there IS BREAKFAST RIGHT NOW regardless of anything else so good luck matt and thank you. hope the best comes your way creatively, financially and in all other respects.