Breakfast Babble > Tunage

Future Peek

(1/7) > >>

WALSH:
Sorry, but I liked the title of yours;) 

So I know that this song has been only played a few times but after falling in love with it upon first listen to the 4/20 show, and then comparing that and the 4/22(FP->DB), I have come to two very premature and inconsequential opinions:

1. 4/22 is a much better version than the 4/20 one...at this rate of improvement the song will be the greatest ever written in a year and a half;)

2. This song will live and die with the imput of one Jordan Giangreco.  The piano added to the 4/22 version and the more subdued Tim-shredding make that an incredible jam.  This could be taken so many places it is incredible.  I think it has me already waiting for the same epic-proportion jam that Gencs and I have been expecting from \'GBFBitS\'(which will be here soon, I can feel it.)  All out piano solos, piano/bass \'duels\', piano/guitar \'freakouts\'(ala 4/22)...man I am excited about these new songs. 

Discuss.

leith:
Upon first listen to the 4/20 version I was floored. The 4/22 version is amazing. This song has so much potential to not only rip but to appeal to a larger range of people.

jking:
i agree. for a long time now, i\'ve held the opinion that the key to tB is jordan. yeah, we all know that tim and adrian can destroy their (and each others\') instruments, and that ronnie gets the \'most improved in 05\' award (that brother has come *such* a long way over the years!), but what kept this band from just being a wankfest is jordan\'s keys. take a listen to every \'best show ever\' and you\'ll notice one common element - jordan\'s keys are up high in the mix! he provides such a great counterpoint to tim\'s guitar while also playing off and with the rest of the rhthym section. and now they\'ve been able to truly incorporate his spacey sound washes as part of the intentional song and not just \'something the keyboardist does during his solos\'. i think the entire band is really developing and elevating their unique sound and jordan is the key part. getting all four (six w/dobs & ellis) fingers working in true concert together, utilizing all the players\' strengths and then taking those and creating something far greater than the its parts, well.... that\'s true art and a shitload of fun, right there!!

derickw:
^^^^ completly agree.

Buquebus:
derick, that shot is pricele$$- giving tickler a run for his money,eh??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version